The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: Multiple EB (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
rickyhmltn
View Profile
New user
USA
66 Posts

Profile of rickyhmltn
Alright so I got EB by R. Sanders via Penguin Magic and am really enjoying it.
I have two questions.

1.) I want to have multiple EBs but I don't want to plop down $30, 3 more times to have 3 more gimmicks and dvds. So, the gimmick that comes with it seems like it could be purchased at a hardware store of sort. As to not give too much away, could someone PM with some alternate gimmicks that may work as well. My goal is to have 2 or 3 permanent gimmicks so I don't have to dismantle and rebuild all the time.

2.) I'm performing 1s to 5s at the moment, but when the bills change, some of the extra $1s kind of "jut" out a little bit on the end facing me. I've been able to cover this by immediatly squaring them up, and just placing the EB bill under the rest while counting 1,2,3,4... But anyone else run into this?
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3226 Posts

Profile of lunatik
He sells the gimmicks seperately for cheap on his official website, its at the bottom

http://www.sandersfx.com/accessories.html
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
sruli
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of sruli
I know what you're talking about with the jutting bills, but at that particular moment the spectator is in total shock, so it's not too serious. Here's a suggestions:
Tilt the packet slightly towards you with your left hand while pulling off the top bill with your right hand. This minimizes their view of your end of the packet. Direct their attention to the single bill, showing it on both sides. Say something, too, like "look, it's a real five dollar bill". You can probably square the packet with your left little finger while that is happening, if it's necessary.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3089 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I slightly trim all of the bill (except for the gaff) on all sides. Makes them a little less visible. I leave the one with the "tab" a little longer
Nosretep
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Nosretep
I would think that you could weigh the gimmick and check out a hardware store with similar doodads (technical language ;-) thickness. Or, as someone noted, see Sanders' site. I have found that the middle dollar folded to jut out tends to lose its fold and is sometimes hard to pick up by the right thumb. I think I will have to just replace it with a new one from time to time. Anyone else have this issue? What's your favorite change and in what context? I like best the snap and flick changes.
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2009-03-08 12:50, Nosretep wrote:
I would think that you could weigh the gimmick and check out a hardware store with similar doodads (technical language ;-) thickness. Or, as someone noted, see Sanders' site. I have found that the middle dollar folded to jut out tends to lose its fold and is sometimes hard to pick up by the right thumb. I think I will have to just replace it with a new one from time to time. Anyone else have this issue? What's your favorite change and in what context? I like best the snap and flick changes.

Hi
Once a week, I take the one dollar bill with the offset fold, and I iron it.I just iron the edge,and its good as new. For some reason new one's are hard to come by.
hth
Ralph
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
haroldross
View Profile
New user
Walthill, Nebraska
30 Posts

Profile of haroldross
For the gimmick, I have use a dime. The center bill does need to be changed or fixed after a while. I have considered re-making mine since it gets so much use. I think I'll try trimming the bills slightly to may the packet look cleaner. A great suggestion.
Matt101
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Matt101
Here you can buy them seperately http://www.sandersfx.com/
Richard Sanders is a great guy and he will take a great care of you!
defconskylude
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of defconskylude
I bought extra gimmicks (set of 3) from sanders. the other 2 gimmicks I plan on using it with 3D cash. 5 to 10 to 20 using extreme burn variations with the 3D cash routine

the extreme burn I'm just doing regular 1 to 100's

and I have another set for 1 to 20's so I can spend the 20's