The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: A simple trick that blew me away. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
JeffHall
View Profile
Regular user
Davis, California
161 Posts

Profile of JeffHall
I was watching a video called "Underground Magic" that has a trick called "Magically turn a bill inside-out! outstanding trick and easy to do. You have a little flap cut in the dollar bill " the president face. You someone hold the flap and you do some folds the the bill turns inside out. Great trick. Does anyone do this?
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I've had people show me a few times. In fact, just a few weeks ago at a small convention someone did it and it is great. Not really sure where to look. Maybe Bob Neale's book Fooling Money Folding?

Good luck.
MagicMunkey
View Profile
New user
Nashville
58 Posts

Profile of MagicMunkey
Do a search for "Wonderland Dollar" or 'Wonderland Bill". Can also be done with a card
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
980 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
This is one of the effects I always carry in my wallet. Easy to do. Fun for the spectators.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
JeffHall
View Profile
Regular user
Davis, California
161 Posts

Profile of JeffHall
I did this trick with a dollar bill and a playing card, it works much better with a dollar bill. I am now working on dollar bill tricks, so easy to carry in your wallet.

Jeff
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17424 Posts

Profile of joseph
Wonderland Dollar ... A very nice effect...Some say it's more of a puzzle, but a lot of fun to perform...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
MagicMunkey
View Profile
New user
Nashville
58 Posts

Profile of MagicMunkey
I found this in the archives a while ago so I guess it's OK to post again. http://professorwonder.com/magic24.htm
-Chris-
JeffHall
View Profile
Regular user
Davis, California
161 Posts

Profile of JeffHall
I've been doing this trick for around a week or so now. I have done the trick with a dollar bill and also with a playing card. I like the dollar bill best. Using the card, it starts to ware out, the card can't take that many folds without wearing out. The dollar bill is easy to do and it doesn't wearout.
Jeff
Leo-Kim
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of Leo-Kim
Oh yeah, that brings back memorys.
I forst saw a writeup of this in a norwegian(!) magic paper (club newsletter?) and it was made with a playing card.
When I rummaged around in my boxes I found the card. Taped and worn but still working.
I will take up the trick again but do it with bills or somethin biggger. Could be great for kids

Mikael Johansson
Sweden
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing well (Donald Duck)
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
882 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Quote:
Thanks for the site. This is great man I will use this at church on sunday. Cheers
On 2008-12-04 13:54, HollowMan wrote:
I found this in the archives a while ago so I guess it's OK to post again. http://professorwonder.com/magic24.htm
-Chris-
Just try that’s all you can do , never give up .
lozax
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of lozax
The effect sounds quite nice, but what are the differences beetween "the door" from the professorwonder link and the wonderland dollar (except of course 25 dollars!)???

*** English is not my mother tongue and I have some difficulties doing the door trick, can't find out what I am doing wrong!!!
lozax
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of lozax
I jut misunderstood the effect. I though the door would stay the same side (spectator side) of the bill while the bill would switch face (face A face B) but in fact the door is going to the other side of the bill (magician side). The effect is still nice though, but I just done it to my girlfriend and she though it was not quite eleguant and not as impressive as an other effect I found by accident. With this handling the door stay on the spectator side but the face A of the bill becomes the face B. Maybe it is well known but I didn't know this one. The handling is quick and natural. Finally being able to do both (the door stays the same side and the face of the bill changes, and the door changes side) is really nice. But I think I don't do the door effect quite well I think I make a mistake here "When you open the folds, begin from the opposite side of the packet from the last fold. In effect, you are moving the first folded panel through the doorway".

If it's the same effect from the wonderland bill DVD then I am glad I didn't pay 25 box for this I think it ough to be a cheaper instant download trick instead (don't mean to be rude here).
lozax
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of lozax
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAlERaaJ--4
This is also called wonderland dollar. So should the door stay the spectator side like on the video or not??? Maybe this is the difference beetween wonderland sollar and the door??
elbruno
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of elbruno
With the Wonderland Dollar effect, the door stays on the same side...the spectator never releases his/her grip on the flap while the bill is folded. That is what makes this trick effective.

The Wonderland Dollar dvd provides 2 different presentations as well as a suggestion for a variation suitable for stage. Support the guy who developed this idea -- buy the dvd.
lozax
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of lozax
I definetly think you should buys DVDs (or other products) to support magic creation, but I really think just this trick is not worth that amount of money. For almost the same amount you can have one of the "easy to master money miracles" DVD from M.Ammar or "extreme burn" from R.Sanders whitch would be quite better investments as far as I am concerned. Others one trick DVDs that cost the same usually come with a gimmick (I do not consider the pre cut bill given as a pay for gimmick). Plus I think this trick seems to be quite older than the Wonderland Dollar DVD and I therefore assume that even if Nick Brown may have developped the idea and some presentation ideas, he is not the creator of the effect. So in general I really agree with what you said but not for this in particular, even if I hadn't seen the effect on the link in this post this is not an effect I would have bought even though it is fun. No offense meant to you elbruno or to Nick Brown.
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
882 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
If its free its for me. Love this one it works well and I know I will get plenty of mileage with it. Thanks again man its the bomb
Just try that’s all you can do , never give up .
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
Happy New Year everyone~
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Quote:
On 2008-12-16 07:04, lozax wrote:
The effect sounds quite nice, but what are the differences beetween "the door" from the professorwonder link and the wonderland dollar (except of course 25 dollars!)???

*** English is not my mother tongue and I have some difficulties doing the door trick, can't find out what I am doing wrong!!!

The effect is the same, but the manner in which the bill is folded, and the number of folds is different.
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
coachc
View Profile
Regular user
WV
130 Posts

Profile of coachc
JUST PRINTED THE INSTRUCTIONS OFF AND PLAN ON LEARNING THIS TRICK. WISH I COULD SEE IT IN ACTION FIRST BUT ILL TRY TO SEE WHERE I CAN GO WITH IT.
Brett Sirrell Magician
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Brett Sirrell Magician
I do similar with cards, I think its called parallax. I finish with the window being restored in the card to give it an added wow.

Its good fun.
Brett Sirrell Magician and entertainer
www.brettsirrell.co.uk