The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: Extreme Burn Patter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
captainkk
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of captainkk
Hi all,

I'm doing a kids show where I do walk-around magic, then stage magic. I was thinking about doing Extreme Burn for the walk-around. What patter do you use when performing?
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Straight from my notes, here's a patter for children I wrote where paper changes to $20 bills. The papers have drawings, which look like they were done by a 4-year-old, that represent $20 bills.

"If you could do magic, what's the one thing you'd like to be able to do?"

If they say they'd like to make money appear, perfect. However, depending on their age, they'll probably say something different....and kids say some funny stuff, so be ready.

"That's great! I wish I could do that, too! Most people say they'd love to be able to make money appear, and it just so happens that I've brought with me some money I made appear this morning. That's one, two, three, four, five 20 dollar bills.
"Okay, so it doesn't really look like real money. But to make it look like real money, all I have to do is wave my hand (perform Gravity Change) and it changes to $20, $40, $60, $80, $100!"

Bask in the forthcoming adulation.

"Do you know what happened to Cinderella when it turned midnight?"

Wait for response, and then respond to the child's response. (Confusing? Smile)

"Unfortunately, just like Cinderella when she went to the Ball, this bit of magic has a time limit. And it's set to expire in three, two....(perform Underground Change)."
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I usually use it for cashiers at restaurants, department stores, etc. I always ask if he/she can accept mexican bills. I always get a "no" answer. So I tell them I will make it American. And I show the American bills, and take out one for the payment.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I'm with Dynamike, but use on purchases over five dollars and go from ones to twenties. When I use my one to hundreds set, I show the five ones and ask what they would do if they were a magician and had five dollar bills (Carl Hein). Would you make them disappear? Actually you don't need to be a magician to do that! No, you would probably turn them into more money. Maybe 5s, 10s, 20s? Naw, you're a magician. You would turn them into 100s!
Sammy J. Teague
captainkk
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of captainkk
Thanks for the great response.
Brian S. Tanner
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Brian S. Tanner
I try to use topical and up-to-date patter. I talk about with identity theft being on the rise, I don't carry credit cards, and I don't wish to carry too much cash on me either. In fact, all I have with me today are five one dollar bills. As you know, you can't get very much with five dollars these days. But....I then change the five ones into five 20's or 100's.

This has worked very well for me. I hope it gives you some idea for your own use.
Judge:How do you plead?
<BR>Defendant:I plead insanity.
<BR>Judge:Insanity?
<BR>Defendant:Yep. I'm just crazy about that stuff!
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
I change it up often, but normally sounds something like this:

"On the way here I stopped to fill up my gas tank, but when I went inside to pay I only had $5." At this point, I'm counting out the ones.

"I asked the girl how much I could get for that, and she said, 'A little over a gallon.' I told her that wouldn't be enough because I had a magic show to do tonight in (some town further away). She then told me, 'Well, if you're a magician, magically change the money to more.' So I did." Which, obviously at this, I do the change.
captainkk
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of captainkk
Thanks, Herdman14.

I used a variation of the gas patter, and it went well. Here in Hawaii, gas is at $4.17 a gallon. I use one dollar bills that change into 5 dollar bills.
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
I thought you were going to perform for kids? They found a magician talking about high gas prices entertaining?
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Mr Roy
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Mr Roy
You can ask the kids, "Who's great in Math?" Then you'll ask them, "How much is 20 times 5?" Or, 20+20+20+20+20. Then they'll say, "100," then Boom!! You change them to hundreds.
DP the Great
View Profile
Regular user
CC, Texas
198 Posts

Profile of DP the Great
Quote:
On 2008-09-20 17:12, Michael J. Douglas wrote:
I thought you were going to perform for kids? They found a magician talking about high gas prices entertaining?

Hahahaha!

Oh, and your patter, Michael, is excellent. Thanks a bunch. -DP
D. P. the Great
www.dpandedmagic.com
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
I missed the part about it being a kids show, my bad!
rjthomp
View Profile
Regular user
Pasadena
199 Posts

Profile of rjthomp
See this thread for more ideas...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=210&5

-Rob