The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: Bill to Lemon - Extra lemons ; Elimination (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
simchamagic
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of simchamagic
Hello,

I perform the Bill to Lemon the way Eason explains.
I'm having some thoughts - will it make it a stronger effect to take out 3 lemons from the bag and choose one of them where the lemon will be inside (like in Lemon Game), or does this just add a not-necessary detail to the routine that complicates things for nothing?

Also - what will be a good way to eliminate two out of the three lemons? What good script questions are there? Or - maybe just to take one out myself without asking the volunteer, and doing it supposedly at random from the three?

Your thoughts will be appreciated.
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1429 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
I pretty much think it's unnecessary, but if you were to do it, I would suggest something along the lines of what Paul Potassy does with a small and a large potato. It's not my routine to divulge, but if you want to check it out without making a large investment, you can see it on volume one of L&L's World's Greatest Magic - Stand-Up Magic DVD; you'll even get to see Terry Seabrooke's Burnt Bank-note routine.
rbattle
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of rbattle
In my bill to lemon, I toss out 2 lemons with one being "loaded". I always toss that lemon first, and then the regular lemon. I then ask for one to be tossed back. At least 90% of the time, they keep that special lemon, which is what I want. I want it to be in their hands. This implies either lemon would be used, and it happens in their own hands.

robert
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1793 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Quote:
On 2008-09-13 20:40, rbattle wrote:
In my bill to lemon, I toss out 2 lemons with one being "loaded". I always toss that lemon first, and then the regular lemon. I then ask for one to be tossed back. At least 90% of the time, they keep that special lemon, which is what I want. I want it to be in their hands. This implies either lemon would be used, and it happens in their own hands.

robert

Equivoque works well also with 3 lemons - good advice.
TBeamanJr
View Profile
New user
Raleigh, NC
55 Posts

Profile of TBeamanJr
In Mark Wilson's basic bill in lemon routine, found in his "Complete Course in Magic," he suggests equivoque. Why complicate something that doesn't need to be?
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3706 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I don't do this effect, but I recently saw a magician do it in a stage show. He had a lemon selected from a clear force bag. I personally think this added a lot to the effect, not only was the bill in the lemon, it was in a freely selected lemon from a full bag. This makes a very effective trick totally impossible.

Jim
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
I believe its stronger to have the lemon/lime held by an audience member at the start of your set. Later in your set borrow the bill and vanish it and have it appear in the lemon or lime that was being held by the audience member from the start of the show. In my opinion it is more direct.

Also, having the bill signed as opposed to a torn corner or serial number method is stronger as well.

Rich B.
msmaster
View Profile
Special user
522 Posts

Profile of msmaster
If you read thru this carefully you may find your answer.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=246&13