The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: On Tearing Up £5 Notes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
crocodilewings
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
53 Posts

Profile of crocodilewings
It's alright for our dollar-spending brethren across the pond, whose smallest paper money denomination is worth about 55p, but what do other UKers use when a trick requires a torn half of a bank note? Do you use the real thing?

I can't imagine half a fiver having a long enough lifespan as a continuously handled prop in a magic trick to justify ripping one up, but I also can't imagine any kind of easily reproducable facimile being able to pass muster as a genuine note.

I could always move to Scotland, I suppose.
Dan Paulus
View Profile
Veteran user
Utah is isolated from the real world by
343 Posts

Profile of Dan Paulus
I'm in the states, but I'll rip up a $20 for the right trick and I don't loose any money at all... I just charge an extra $20 for the show. (Maybe an extra $50, just in case.)
There is no great genius without a mixture of madness. - Aristotle
Aristotle

www.danscomedymagic.com
paulneeds
View Profile
New user
Wales, UK
4 Posts

Profile of paulneeds
Scan one side and print, switch it at the last moment.
phill w
View Profile
New user
York, England
14 Posts

Profile of phill w
As above, scan the note, or quality colour photo copy. use quality paper. rub paper together to soften and lightly age. I have a 20 note that is perfect and feels perfect.. only differance is its one sided!!! It took about 3 mins to make..
crocodilewings
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
53 Posts

Profile of crocodilewings
Any specific paper you could recommend?
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
DONE this myself just used asda's own ,500 sheets for under £2 smart price ,works for me when I do a bill switch from the spec and set it on fire .Great to see the expression on ther face lol. ITs only 80 gsm and ain't that thick the paper.
If you put the time in....you will achieve ...