The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: Impromptu nightshades (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Paul Wingham
View Profile
Veteran user
Rustington, South Coast, UK
365 Posts

Profile of Paul Wingham
Hello

I'm familiar with the Paul Harris effect where you draw the glasses on the the bill and they move up to the forehead. (uses a small cheap to make gimmick) Is this impromptu nightshades?. If so..... and I could be wrong. But is there a a non impromptu nightshades.

Any pointers?

Thanks
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Hi Paul,

Yes...the effect you are describing is called "Improv Nightshades" and is written in Paul Harris's book "Art of Astonishment - Vol. 1." This is a fantastic effect.

The original effect, which has not been on the market for years, was called "Nightshades" and used a gimmick built into a pen. It looked good but could not be done "on the fly" or impromptu, and could not be easily handed out for inspection without a sw**ch.

If you don't already do the impromptu version, check it out. It "packs small, plays big" and really knocks the spectator out!

You'll definitely have fun with it. Mark. Smile
Paul Wingham
View Profile
Veteran user
Rustington, South Coast, UK
365 Posts

Profile of Paul Wingham
Thanks for that, I'd never heard of the other pen version, but agree the improv version is brilliant.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I wish that there is an eManuscripts in downloadable Acrobat PDF format for the Improv Nightshades!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
I love doing this. I have one made and ready to go! Smile