The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: Borrowing a Bill for "Greed" idea. . . (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1262 Posts

Profile of Salby
I haven't sat down to make my gimmick yet, just getting the raw materials, deciding on an adhesive type and getting to the bank to exchange the bills all before actually being cleared and making it.

But does the Greed Bill fit into a TT?? If so, has anyone come up with this idea:

Set-up: Have the Greed Bill in a TT.

1. Borrow a $20.
2. Change it to a $1 using the regular TT Bill Switch (but switching it for the Greed Bill).
3. Go through all the Greed Bill changes from $1 to $20
4. Casually change the Greed Bill $20 (already in a "small folded pack") to their borrowed $20 via the regular TT Bill switch.

This way you borrow a bill and give it back to them. You are clean. All the heat is on their bill that they can keep, obviously. Also, if stealing a 50 cent piece is difficult and awkward, this avoids it all together.

I know it takes away from the whole concept of the effect being called "Greed", but just a different idea using the Greed Bill.

Hope it does fit into a TT.

Let me (us) know if anyone gives it a whirl and if so, how the reaction is from your spectators.
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Ill try it lol. but it seems like you would really have to cram that suker in there!
Redsixer
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Redsixer
I just tried it, and it does fit. Barely. Its pretty tight.

What I have been doing lately is borrowing a 1 dollar bill, fold it up like greed starts and then put in my pocket, wipe my hands and say it vanished. When they grumble at that I say I know a better trick, let me see a 5. When they say no way, I say OK I'll show you with the 1 dollar. I then pull out the greed gimmick and start.

Oh... and don't be afraid of the change to a fifty cent piece. At first I had my doubts too, but after much practice, and performances, I really love the reactions it gets.
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
Quote:
On 2006-08-22 15:46, Redsixer wrote:
I just tried it, and it does fit. Barely. Its pretty tight.

What I have been doing lately is borrowing a 1 dollar bill, fold it up like greed starts and then put in my pocket, wipe my hands and say it vanished. When they grumble at that I say I know a better trick, let me see a 5. When they say no way, I say OK I'll show you with the 1 dollar. I then pull out the greed gimmick and start.

Oh... and don't be afraid of the change to a fifty cent piece. At first I had my doubts too, but after much practice, and performances, I really love the reactions it gets.

I do something similar, where I rip their dollar bill and dip into my pocket for
tape, but don't have any. "Oh, well let me try this...", then just go into the
whole routine.
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx