The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: Da Vinci Code Bill Tube (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
ldl1017
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of ldl1017
I don’t know how many of you have seen the Da Vinci Code, but I found a cool item that can act as a very theatrical bill tube. A company called The Noble Collection sells all sorts of replica movie paraphernalia…Harry Potter, Batman Begins, Da Vinci Code, etc., etc.. They are currently selling a miniature replica of the Cryptex that was seen in the movie. You can set your own password (five rings = MONEY). Couple this with a vanish and a Shu***e P**S and you have a very theatrical version of a bill tube. Here’s a link http://www.noblecollection.com/catalog/p......catid=52
Thanks,
Lou
“I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary.”
Billy Joel
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Nice, but $60
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
For fans of Da Vinci Code and magic, this price is a steal, IMHO. Cheers!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
jdbach
View Profile
Regular user
United States
174 Posts

Profile of jdbach
I have a Da Vinci Code book test that I have been interested in using as long as I can find other ways to incorporate a bigger play. I've been looking at this Cryptex for a month or so.

The "look" of the Cryptex could be just the prop to develop many plot ideas for some mystical effect.

Evolve629 did you purchase one?

Joe
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
You could have a lovely routine, maybe, where you ask someone to think of a word, and it turns out to be the password, and after opening it you find therre note etc. don't know how possible it is, but its an idea.
Nick
Frankie
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
56 Posts

Profile of Frankie
I did purchase one (the small version), and it looks and feels great. The code-wheels are free-turning though (no 'click'), so you'll have to allign the letters perfectly in order for the cryptex to open. If even one letter is slightly off-center, it will remain shut. Not a big deal, but you might want to mention it to the one who needs to open the cryptex.

There are two versions of the DaVinci Code Cryptex; a small one (which I have), and a big one, which is packaged in a beautiful wooden box (just as in the movie). You can change the password by loosening 2 screws with an (enclosed) screwdriver en removing the rings. You can only reach the screws when your cryptex is open, so do not forget your password! Smile

When you want to see a sample trick (performed by Philemon), click here.
“Magic is the only honest profession. A magician promises to deceive you and he does.”
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Very excellent routine. Is that basically what you get with the D Code Book Test (less the Cryptex)?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Frankie
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
56 Posts

Profile of Frankie
Unfortunately I don't own a copy of the Book Test yet, but according to the description this is what you get... Smile
“Magic is the only honest profession. A magician promises to deceive you and he does.”
jdbach
View Profile
Regular user
United States
174 Posts

Profile of jdbach
Frankie the trickshop book test is not like this method. Read the description again.

http://www.trickshop.com/da_vinci_code_trick.html
Frankie
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
56 Posts

Profile of Frankie
Eh? Smile

Methinks there is a small misunderstanding here; I never said Philemon's trick and the DaVinci Code Book Test routine are one and the same... I meant that, since I don't own a copy of the Book Test I couldn't answer Pete Biro's question, so I pointed him to the description of said test instead (the link under the word 'this', being the same one as your link). Smile