The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: The Haunted Bill (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
JohnCressman
View Profile
Special user
Allentown, PA
903 Posts

Profile of JohnCressman
Anyone check out The Haunted Bill over at Pengiun? Any feedback?
bentley
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of bentley
I have a haunted bill. I personally don't like it. I can easily be caught. I don't use it in the real world.
JohnCressman
View Profile
Special user
Allentown, PA
903 Posts

Profile of JohnCressman
Thanks for the feedback. I'm trying to come up with a few more close-up tricks and while it looked good on the video, I noticed the lighting was dull... most of my strolling tricks will be outside.

Hmm... now I have to think of some other bill tricks...
bentley
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of bentley
Maybe you want Greed. Google it an you should find it. (Bill switch)
JohnCressman
View Profile
Special user
Allentown, PA
903 Posts

Profile of JohnCressman
I saw Greed... it looks cool. I'm already working on AE2... so Greed shouldn't be too difficult. That's only available at Penguin, right?
bentley
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of bentley
Yes I think but they are a good website.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Haunted bill looks soooo good on video, what a shame.
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
You have to do it under the right conditions. You need a kind of lighting, nothing to the extent of IT work. There are things you can do to prevent being caught with it. I do not do it regularily but I have had success with it on the people I have preformed it for. I hate that a trick this traditional is reduced to only being know by people from Penguin magic....
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
tunafish
View Profile
Regular user
Everett, Wa
137 Posts

Profile of tunafish
Do you do the $5 and $1 transpo?

I do Hundy 500 with $100 dollar bills, and the 5 and 1 Transpo actually gets better reactions.

However, if you get it, I wouldn't use the same handling that is taught on the instructional video. I present the begining of it the same way, but I wouldn't recomend doing the change by shaking it.

Here is a link:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1161

I know this is not a money trick, but another time tested and excellent closeup effect is Crazyman's Handcuffs.

Here is another link:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=708

Both of these effects are time tested, and extremely practical, probably the two most practical effects that I know of.

Matt
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Diamond Jim Tyler, "Pockets Full Of Miracles." The book's about $40 new, and contains a very nice bill trick, "Happy Birthday Bill." A bill is borrowed, folded, and "punched" with a paper punch that never touches the bill. When unfolded, the bill is neatly punched...AND the little paper dots fall from the bill.

No, you can't have my patter for the bit, but you'll enjoy this one. Works in full daylight and completely surrounded.

Leland
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
Leland,

What a cool idea! I'm going to use that -- Thanks!!

Duane
gfcal
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of gfcal
The haunted bill was one of the first tricks I purchased more than 10 years ago. It looks good but it's an effect I never use. I definitely wouldn't use it outside.

Cal
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
525 Posts

Profile of sibbie
I actually enjoy performing the haunted bill on rare occasions. It is a beautiful effect if you pick and choose your times to perform it. As bentley said it can easily be caught if you are not careful in your handling and when/where you peform it.
Brian Tanner
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
297 Posts

Profile of Brian Tanner
Michael Ammar has a nice variation of this on the ETM Thread Miracles DVD'S

It's quite workable in real world conditions, as long as one pays attention to their angles.

Might be worth your consideration.
Brian Tanner
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
297 Posts

Profile of Brian Tanner
Michael Ammar has a nice variation of this on the ETM Thread Miracles DVD'S

It's quite workable in real world conditions, as long as one pays attention to their angles.

Might be worth your consideration.