The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: Hundy500 vs. Handy 500 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
BooRadley
View Profile
Regular user
Houston Area
176 Posts

Profile of BooRadley
When I first saw the inclusion of Handy 500 with a popular new bill switch, I assumed it was a typo--but it's not. But I've been trying to figure out what exactly the Handy 500 effect is. I hear it's interesting, but I've yet to be able to see a video demo or hear an actual description of the effect. Does anyone actually know what it is or able to offer a somewhat detailed description? Yes, I've searched...but it doesn't go into any real detail. The change apparently takes place in the spectator's hand. Sounds interesting...I'd just like some details.

BooRadley
Eric Dittelman
View Profile
Regular user
Astoria, NY
179 Posts

Profile of Eric Dittelman
They used to have the preview of Handy 500 up on ellusionist before they changed the video to what it is now. The performer displays 4 bills all $1 folds them in half, gives the spectator one end of the bills to hold. The performer passes his handover the bills visually changing the bills into $20s. He takes the stack from the spectator and then displays the four bills that have just changed before their very eyes. Hope that helps!

-Eric D.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Is this sort of like a Slow Burn type handling? Without revealing, what's so different about this that it merits it's own name?
Eric Dittelman
View Profile
Regular user
Astoria, NY
179 Posts

Profile of Eric Dittelman
It's just a different presentation of Hundy 500 (hence why you need to know this first and why it's just a bonus effect). The key point is that the magic occurs while the spectator is holding the bills. Slow burn I believe is held in the performers hands during the transformation.

-Eric D.
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1571 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Ellusionist does not have the DEMO for this anymore. Where can I find it. Thanks
CasualSoul
View Profile
Special user
Edmonton, Canada
541 Posts

Profile of CasualSoul
Yeah, I agree it sounds cool, but I would like to see a demo as well. They may have removed the demo video for exposure reasons, as it might be fairly obvious to those of us with Hundy 500 how to do this new variation.
"Open their mind by performing the impossible"
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
That's kind of what I figured -- that it would be obvious just by the effect.
Doug McKenzie
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
326 Posts

Profile of Doug McKenzie
The demo wasnt removed for any reasons of exposure. That demo was on the very first demo reel of Juan Hundred dollar bill switch that was for murphy's magic preview only so that they could decide whether or not they wanted to purchase the DVD. Since that take, the DVD was filmed and a new demo reel was created. I don't know why ellusionist had that version in the first place. It was an internal video only. Handy is very clever and quite cool. Its an excellent addition to anyone that already performs Hundy. At the very least something to have in the back of your memory incase you are ever challenged.

D
CasualSoul
View Profile
Special user
Edmonton, Canada
541 Posts

Profile of CasualSoul
Thanks for the info, but I'd still like to see a demo video. Is one available anywhere?
"Open their mind by performing the impossible"
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Purchase the juan hundred dvd, its in there.

It's basically Hundy 400 married to SlowBurn reveal in spectator's hand.
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
I'm confused.

Are people just being charged for a new "handling?"
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
There's no charge at all for the handling. Handy 500 is included as a bonus on Doug McKenzie's Juan Hundred Dollar Bill Switch DVD. It's a variation of Hundy 500 and Slow Burn (both of which are variations themselves), and is very good in my opinion. The Juan Hundred Dollar Bill Switch is a variation of Juan Pablo's bill switch (and incorporates some Lonnie Chevrie as well as others' touches) and is very good as well in my opinion.
Doug McKenzie
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
326 Posts

Profile of Doug McKenzie
Im glad you like it.

D
rmoraleta
View Profile
Special user
Philippines
767 Posts

Profile of rmoraleta
Quote:
On 2006-06-09 20:40, bsears wrote:
I'm confused.

Are people just being charged for a new "handling?"

Yeah! Nowadays, it seems like that, and expensive at times.
But I like bill switches. Will probably order one.
Doug McKenzie
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
326 Posts

Profile of Doug McKenzie
The Handy is a free bonus on the "Juan Hundred Dollar Bill Switch". It is just that ... a handling .... but you are not being charged for it.

D
fooksau
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of fooksau
I actually like the effect better than Hundy 500. Just a little more risky since the bills are put into the spectator's control during the switch. Never know what someone's going to do when they see a hundo at their fingertips. I really dig the Juan Hundred switch although I'm still in practice phase, are there any handlings you would consider using without the 'gimmick'?
How many Magicians does it take to advertise a trick? Three.. One to steal the trick. One to steal HIS trick. And one to write a good review.
Doug McKenzie
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
326 Posts

Profile of Doug McKenzie
Check out the original Juan Pablo change and Lonnie Chevrie's handling. No gimmicks involved.

D
fooksau
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of fooksau
Thanks for the info Doug. Do these other methods involve folding of both bills (besides pre-creasing)? I think I remember reading somewhere that there's more folding required with these.

Thanks.
How many Magicians does it take to advertise a trick? Three.. One to steal the trick. One to steal HIS trick. And one to write a good review.
illusiOHN
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of illusiOHN
I read this at another discussion here at the Café:

Penguin still has the teaser video up that shows "handy 500" (right side of screen, about 1/2 way through the video).

Here you go:

http://media.penguinmagic.com/movies/products/1188a.wmv
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
I have no idea why anyone would like that... that is the first time I have seen that version... Personally I think it sucks.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...