The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: 3D cash (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
amerigo
View Profile
Veteran user
Can't believe I only have
318 Posts

Profile of amerigo
OK so I bought 3D cash and I like it . I've thought about also buying Hundy 500 and what I'd like to know is do I have to fold the money as in 3D cash and the Kaps handling that Ammar uses. I believe many magicians don't care for slow burn because of the folding . I would appreciate any advice . I have tried searching for an answer to my question, and while these effect are posted many times I cannot find any that answer the folding question. Thankyou all for any help. Amerigo
Magic is Everywhere
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
3D cash, Hundy, and Slowburn all use the similar fold and similar gimmick principle. 3D cash has the extra 3rd change. They only differ in how they are unfolded, counted, flipped, and changed. (The handlings are different but the gimmicks are similar).

I prefer the 3D cash gimmick and I prefer his handling (counting, flipping, change technique).
Click to visit:
zauber
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of zauber
I prefer Hundy 500. The "wad" in 3D...too bulky, IMHO.
"I'm still learning."
-----Michelangelo
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
The Wad is bulkier, but you don't ever show that wad if you properly follow Mark's instructions.
Click to visit:
Matt Graves
View Profile
Special user
Huntsville, Alabama (USA)
504 Posts

Profile of Matt Graves
What is the effect of 3D cash? Just curious. I might have to check it out. I've seen a demo of Hundy 500.
amerigo
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of amerigo
Thankyou Dan and Zauber for your advice. Dan I agree if you do the effect the way Mark instructs you the bulk is not noticible. serling you can find a clip of 3D cash at murphysmagicsupplies/catalog/dvd/html/3dcash.html. goodmagic to all Amerigo
Magic is Everywhere
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8815 Posts

Profile of harris
After purchasing the 3 D dvd, I played and used it.

I also made up the gimmick to using only 1 change.

Both play very well, though I usually save it for special times during a walk around.

Of course most of the recent money changes have come from Mr. Pages idea. (What's old is new again)Did this idea originate before P.P's paper magic???

Less is sometimes more.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Harris has a point, if you don't want the larger wad, 3D cash shows you how to make the 2 change gimmick as well and the change procedures work prefectly for a 2 change method as well.
Click to visit:
amerigo
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of amerigo
Great Idea guys I'll try the one change gimmick and see how that works. I like 3D cash better than the way Ammar does the effect on ETMMM I don't care for the flip you have to do there. I believe that is Page's handlong am I correct.
Magic is Everywhere
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
Having trouble with the handling. Biggest reason is switching from his left handed instruction to my right handed working, dyslexia makes this a mindf*** (not freak). But I seem to get lost when I go from the second set to the third.
Belief Manifests Reality.
Nebula CT: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Stuart,

The key to go from 2nd to third is that you need to reverse the middle packet.

For example, lets say when you open the middle pack, you open them so that the faces of the bills are up. When you turn over the packet as per Mark's instructions, the bills will be face down, gimmicked packet on top.

You now have to take the three bills that are on the bottom of the packet and put them face down on top of the gimmick packet.

Now you can access the third set of bills as per the instructions.

If you don't move the middle bills around as I stated above, you will go back down to the first bills, instead of going up to the 3rd bills.

BTW, if you are going the other way for some reason (3rd to 2nd to 1st packets), you will have to reverse the 2nd packet to the way it was before.

I don't usually go back the other direction, so this makes you need to reset it.

In a moment of privacy, a flip to the middle pack, reverse the 2nd bill packet, and then flip to the 1st packet and put it back in my wallet.
Click to visit:
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
Thanks so much. working better
Belief Manifests Reality.
Nebula CT: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517
Richard Shippy
View Profile
Special user
Scottsdale, Arizona
510 Posts

Profile of Richard Shippy
Dan Watkins has provided some fantastic tips and suggestions. Thank you Dan! Smile

I have both 3D Cash and Hundy 500 and I tend to prefer 3D Cash as well. I like 3D cash for the ability to double the money once again. I go from 5's to 10's to 20's. Each time the money is doubled so when they ask me to go higher (say hundreds) I tell them "I have only mastered the ability to double the bills, since there is no such thing as a $40 bill I'll have to stop here. However, if you have a bunch of 50s I'll give it a shot." Odds are nobody carries a bunch of 50s so I have an out. It's also fun patter and the moves are o.k. despite the size of the packet.

I hope this additional information helps. Best of luck!

Kind regards,
Rich
"They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they'd make up their minds." ~ Winston Churchill
rcalligan
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of rcalligan
Has everyone (anyone) found that 3D cash gets a good response from the spectators as a standalone effect?
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Rcalligan, I would say it gets one of strongest effects of anything I do. Seeing real money change from 1s to eventually 100s is a very strong piece of magic for anyone who likes money. I have not met too many people that don't fit that desription.
Click to visit:
Richard Shippy
View Profile
Special user
Scottsdale, Arizona
510 Posts

Dan, do you think the effect with 3D cash would be stonger for me if I performed it with a climax to 100s? I have performed it with 5s, 10s, and 20s, and am wondering if I should drop the 20s and go straight to hundreds. I wonder if people would get confused going from 10s to 100s since the only difference is the extra zero.

Dan, which three bills do you find work best? I'm now thinking 2s, 5s, and 100s since they all look different. What kind of patter do you use for justifying the non even multiplication (or choices) for the bills? It may not really matter yet I'm curious as to how to get maximum impact. Man, this might cost me some more cash! Let me know, I still have time to run to the bank. Smile
"They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they'd make up their minds." ~ Winston Churchill
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
For what it's worth, here's what I'm doing. I show four $5 bills and say that I have a total of $20 and that everyone knows what $20 looks like at which point the outside bill magically changes to a $20 bill. I say that I actually have four $20 bills for a total of $80, and say that I wish I had one more $20 bill because then I'd have $100, and I magically change the outside bill to a $100 bill and then show four $100's. Have fun with the effect, it's great!
Richard Shippy
View Profile
Special user
Scottsdale, Arizona
510 Posts

THANK YOU LARRY!!! I love your patter and like the use of $5, $20, $100 since they are completely different from each other. The only disadvantage is the cost of the packet. I guess it's not a big deal since Hundy 500 is rather expensive as well. If the impact of the $100 bills adds to the effect I'm all for it. I also get a lot of people who were naturally asking me to go higher. I think the $100 bills really look good. I'll just have to make sure I don't loose them.

With that in mind, if anyone ever finds a 3D cash gimmick ($5, $20, $100) laying on the street in Scottsdale Arizona more than likely I've lost it so please send me a PM! Smile
Euangelion
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of Euangelion
Now that would be the most expensive trick I ever bought, Larry.
Bill Esborn

"Lutefisk: the piece of cod that passes all understanding."
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Euangelion, you mean "borrowed," not "bought."