The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: Best Bill Change/Switch (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
BarryTX
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of BarryTX
Kevinr,

I agree, and add that I found using the differently-colored (and slightly differently sized) new US $20 bills with the US $1 bills had the same problem. I trimmed the bills so the size difference was eliminated but the different colored edges were too obvious to me. In the end I gave up what I wanted to be a great visual color change going from 1s to 20s so I wouldn't be bothered by it. I'm sure others are making this work by doing a really good job of hiding the edges, but it bugged me too much to stay with it.

Barry
Synatics
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of Synatics
If done correctly, nothing beats the normal TT method in my opinion.
charliewerner
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of charliewerner
Cyril Takayama use richard sander and randi rain bill sw*tch in his street magic special.
"Seeing Joy, Sadness, Anger,Contempt,Surprise, Disgust,Fear on people faces are the motivation of my MAGIC" Charlie Werner (C.C.L)
ShaunRobison
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of ShaunRobison
I suggest you check out CINCH!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a44tzr6GyhQ

You can buy it from me or papercrane magic. It will be well worth your investment..

Shaun Robison
www.shaunrobison.com
Magic and Illustrations
scalito
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of scalito
Jay Noblezada's Money DVD from Penguin has some nice transpositions.
gary31525
View Profile
Regular user
Building a fence with
158 Posts

Profile of gary31525
Quote:
On 2011-11-29 13:22, scalito wrote:
Jay Noblezada's Money DVD from Penguin has some nice transpositions.

I have had this DVD for a long time and it's well worth the money, I highly recommend it. You get many tricks on this DVD.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5958 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2011-11-06 23:30, Synatics wrote:
If done correctly, nothing beats the normal TT method in my opinion.

I used to use a TT, but since developing my handling, I won't use one. It's completely deceptive, smooth working and it just feels right. The hands are seen empty and I hand out the bill to be examined. I've been accused of using a TT, by magicians, when I don't use one at all for the effect.
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2544 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Quote:
On 2011-12-06 06:14, Alan Munro wrote:
I used to use a TT, but since developing my handling, I won't use one.

Hi Alan - has this been published anywhere mate?
Barry Allen

Over 15 years have now passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5958 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I haven't published it yet, but I may do that. If there's enough interest, I may put it on the fast track to releasing it. I've been using it for almost 20 years. The aquitment that I use is what really makes it deceptive.
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2544 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Keep us informed then mate.

If you've been using it for 2 decades, it must be worth a 'butchers hook'. Smile
Barry Allen

Over 15 years have now passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
2000 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Shaun,
I hope your Cinch method is as good as it seems. I have a feeling it will be one of my Christmas gifts this year. Judging from the video trailer though, you might want to think about changing your avatar to reflect your current look. From one bald guy to another, just sayin' Smile

Alan, I hope you do decide to eventually release your non TT routine. It sounds very interesting...
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
rhettbryson
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
407 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
I have seen so many of the "instant" bill changes but nothing, IMHO, exceeds the impact of Extreme Burn when the "gravity drop" change is executed!
restaurant3000
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of restaurant3000
I don't think that anyone has mentioned Flash by Chris Webb on this thread.
I'll also add the Kartis visible bill change to the list.

Personally I use the Juan Pablo 100 dollar bill change taught by Doug McKenzie, however the method did have a real problem for me: The reset (I'd have to do it privately).
I've solved this by combining the Juan Pable 100 dollar bill change with Visibill by Richard Sanders, that way I can use each change after the other without a reset, also 1/8's is quicker than the 1/16 clean up.

Ideally it would be great to do a Juan Pablo 100 change and then do another Juan Pablo 100 change back again, and again. The Visibill combo works absolutely wonderfully, try it if you know it.

Anyone have any triple or multiple changes to add to this thread? (I know of them, just don't use em).
Booyah!
restaurant3000
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Infinity Switch by Sean Feilds.
There's a seperate thread on this as well, just throwing in another change that I know I'd love to practice if I hadn't landed on something I'm very happy with already. Looks great doesn't it?
Booyah!
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
Danny Archer does an in the hand bill switch that is incredible. Saw him do it years ago at Philadelphia Magic.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think it is included in the essentials dvd released not too long ago.
restaurant3000
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

What's going on!
The Mobius Switch by Glenn West is looking to be my new fave! I can do a £5 to £10 to £20 and back again,(or a £10to£20to£50 when I have it) all without gimmicks!
Like all changes, it's going to need a lot more practice before I'm using it out there!
Booyah!
AndyLuka
View Profile
Elite user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
440 Posts

Profile of AndyLuka
Quote:
On 2011-08-24 05:29, Spellbinder wrote:
The most useful bill transformation I have seen is Sam Sandler's "Fusion Illusion" in which he transforms two one-dollar bills from a spectator into a two-dollar bill, which he then hands over to the spectator to keep (it only costs a trip to the bank to stock up on two-dollar bills). We make use of his effect in our Wizard Wallet routine from The Wizards' Journal #20 to enable a borrowed bill to be used in an effect where a predetermined serial number is needed. By transforming the two borrowed singles to a two-dollar bill, the spectator is never aware that the reason for the switch was to confuse the serial number trail! He is delighted with his two-dollar bill "change" for two singles and naturally, the serial number on the two-dollar bill wouldn't be expected to match the serial number on a single.

Max Krause has a simular effect, I believe it is called the one two Punch. Two one dollar bills are shown, and the serial numbers are written down, A little magic happens and the One dollar bills morph into a two dollar bill. Then you add up the serial numbers from the one dollar bills and the total matches the serial number on the two dollar bill. Its a pretty nice effect.
Making Magic and Fantasy a reality in a world where our reality can sometimes be rather cruel

Http://www.lukamagic.com -That's Me

Http://www.deceptionsmke -My Show
Suren
View Profile
Veteran user
Armenia
314 Posts

Profile of Suren
The Mobius Switch by Glenn West. I liked that one. No gimmicks, no tools. All sleight of hand, which makes it cooler.
Douglas.M
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of Douglas.M
I do an unpublished switch taught to me by a magician visiting the local magic shop about ten years ago. It isn't easy, but it stunned every magician in the shop. Loosely based on Ammar/Klause methodology. Allows one to get in and out of the switch quickly. I hope the magician publishes it someday.

I change a one to a two and let them keep the two. No one hundred dollar bills, but they have a forever changed object to keep. The buck it costs is worth the reaction.

Douglas M.
restaurant3000
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Jordan Gomez has just released Exchange
check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCCurSyA93k

The explaination is available on his website: http://jordangomez.fr/learn/signup/

Looks good, very very good, he has started a thread on it, I'm wondering if I should ask the usual questions (gimmick or no gimmick? can it be done back and forth i.e resetability?),
obiously it's done with a borrowed bill (because he says it is).
My only critisism at the moment is that it's very expensive for just the streaming rather than a dvd copy for about the same price.

Anyway, it's one to add to the list and is probably the latest bill switch release at the time of this post.
Booyah!