The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: Stretch A Buck by Dave Devin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
They make your eyes pop out, don't they?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Dave Devin
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Dave Devin
Great News! I met with Paul Gross yesterday. Hocus-Pocus will carry my new "PRO-PACK" as an Exclusive for the next 90 days. They have them in stock and ready to ship. Also, the first 30 orders will receive my original "Stretch-A-Buck" absolutely FREE, as a bonus, and my personal thanks for purchasing this effect. They also have my new "Dave's Big $1",(a jumbo tyvek bill effect) and "Cash or Credit",(a spellbound routine using mini credit cards with a surprise finish). Check them out on the Hocus-Pocus website.........and again, thanks for the positive support.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2724 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
OH MY WORD!!!!!! Got the package this morning. Immediately went to show a friend of mine who owns a multi-billion company. He laughed and we laughed some more. I have been using Dave's material for sometime and this is awesome. Let me just say his comedy card babies rock as well. DaffyDoug, you need this one too. Guys, don't miss out on this, you'll be sorry.

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi
My Pro Pack came today.The bill's look great and the price was better than buying just one bill online. I never could find stretch a Buck at Hocus Pocus. I found a dealer selling a stretch a Buck for 15.00 + 5.00 shipping. I couldn't see paying 20.00 for one bill when I could get the whole Pro Pack for 40.00 plus an original stretch a buck. That's a total of six bills for 40.00.
Thanks Dave for the bonus buck.
hth
Ralph
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
Dave Devin
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Dave Devin
You are welcome Ralph! I sent you the bonus buck for your support and patience. The normal PRO-PACK comes with 5 bills, although the first 30 PRO-PACK purchases from Hocus-Pocus will receive the bonus buck as my gift absolutely FREE. Once again, I want to say thanks for the kind words and support..............and that is no stretch. hahahahahahahahaha
All the best! Dave
Tonylew
View Profile
Regular user
Tracy, CA
184 Posts

Profile of Tonylew
I just got my Pro Pack and enjoyed playing with it. I have been writing magic instructions and routines for over thirty years for companies such as Magic by Gosh, Penguin, and Palmer Magic. I felt that I could improve the Stretch a Buck presentation, so I wrote up my revised method and just sent it to Dave Devin. I do not want to do anything more with it until I get his reaction.

However, here is an interesting way that I discovered to start a stretch. Hold the bill on the top left edge with the thumb and first two fingers. Now loosely fold forward the right half (from your viewpoint) of the bill and hold it in place with the aforementioned fingers of the left hand. The spectator now sees (from his viewpoint) the right half of the bill's face and what was the right quarter of the bill's back. If you do this correctly it will look *exactly* like a real bill. Then you can release the right section and hold it again in the usual starting position.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2010-09-29 18:43, ralphs007 wrote:
Hi
My Pro Pack came today.The bill's look great and the price was better than buying just one bill online. I never could find stretch a Buck at Hocus Pocus. I found a dealer selling a stretch a Buck for 15.00 + 5.00 shipping. I couldn't see paying 20.00 for one bill when I could get the whole Pro Pack for 40.00 plus an original stretch a buck. That's a total of six bills for 40.00.
Thanks Dave for the bonus buck.
hth
Ralph

Our local magic dealer has that stretch a buck dollar, it is not made of Tyvek, so it will tear and wear out. Get the best by Dave Devine. As my original post said, "Great comedy and makes people roar with laughter!".
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=210&65

Don't forget the slight twist of the bill as you are pulling on it. It makes the illusion perfect!
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
I just received stretch a buck by Dave devin and this is soooo awesome. I wish I got the pro pack!!! Lol. Might have to make that purchase or at he least get Dave's big dollar! The bill looks so real and the fact that it will never tear is just so awesome. I performed this for a few people already and they just laughed. What a great deal Dave! Love owning this baby. It's going straight in my wallet! Now to check out big buck!
alexon
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of alexon
Can this stretch-a buck be done with the tradional (t.t.) method of the $100 bill switch?
dgoodman
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of dgoodman
I am trying to reach Dave Devin. Does anyone have his contact information?

Thanks.
Dave Devin
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Dave Devin
[quote]On 2010-09-19 13:13, daffydoug wrote:
They make your eyes pop out, don't they?

Hey guys.....
Check out the you tube clip of Stretch-A-Buck being performed on Jay Leno's Tonight Show 11/14/12.
It was part of the Magic Clerk segment.........
Funny Stuff......ENJOY!
http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/vide......1424110/
igr8mgkman
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of igr8mgkman
Wow Stretch-A-Buck what a great trick I never go anywhere without it.... it is one of the best tricks I have ever owned .... everyone that knows me, and knows I do magic always ask me to do the trick over and over again and it's a fooler everytime..... They just can't believe it .....also it never wears out because of the Tyvek it's made out of .... As much as I do it ....I know it will never wear out....
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I read this thread and ordered it. I got it a few days ago and tried it out.
I am quite disappointed.
It comes across more of a gag than a magic trick. Over hyped up.

Posted: Nov 27, 2012 11:50am
I received the Stretch a Buck from Hocus Pocus a few days a go and the "Dave Devin" logo is still on it.
(It was the single dollar, not the Pro-pack)

I was under the impression that the new lots had the logo removed.
Is that right or did Hocus Pocus sell me an older lot?
Ihor
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Dave Devin is a class act.
He PMed me and offered to exchange the Stretch A Buck bill, which had the logo, with a newer version ,minus the logo.
Not only did he replace it but he sent me the entire Pro-Pack and one of his other products (Comedy Card Babies).
I promised him I would give the Stretch a Buck another try.
I will perform it tomorrow for my students and at a Christmas Party on Friday.
Thanks, Dave

Ihor
Ihor
Dave Devin
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Dave Devin
My pleasure Ihor!
Thank you for the kind words.
All the best!
Dave
Doc Eason
View Profile
V.I.P.
Aspen Colorado
429 Posts

Profile of Doc Eason
This is a great gag.. certainly not a 'trick' but as soon as I saw it I grabbed one from Dean Dill at the Castle swap.. I use it every night.. it is fabulous. The reactions are wonderful.. it is NOT a feature thing simply a gag that has their eyes popping out... worth every penny.
Doc Eason’s Rocky Mountain Magic

PO Box 50 / Basalt CO 81621

doc@doceason.com

http://doceason.com

http://doceasonmagicshop.com
vampiro
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta
240 Posts

Profile of vampiro
If the doc prescribes it, we all should know that it is good.