The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: Slow Burn vs. Visibill vs. Hundy 500 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
daaaave
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of daaaave
I prefer Hundy 500 over Slowburn as well. Visibill's great also!
Adam Hince
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
509 Posts

Profile of Adam Hince
I've seen Slow Burn done and I own Hundy 500. For me, Hundy is the way to go. I know it's quite an investment, but there's really no substitute from $1 dollar bills to $100 dollar bills in my opinion.
Redsixer
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Redsixer
So...when you make the gimmick are the $100 bills not good anymore?
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4221 Posts

Profile of warren
How does slow burn,visibill and hundy 500 compare to ez money which can be found on easy to master money miracles volume 3 by Michael Ammar ?
afillius
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of afillius
I just got Hundy 500 and I must say I am VERY impressed by the quality of the DVD and the trick. The DVD shows you 10 different performances and talks a great deal about how to deal with many different reactions to the trick. It also talks about how to deal with the spectator that wants to inspect the bills, etc... It even gives you some snappy comebacks during the routine.

I can't wait to do this trick.
www.stsgroupinc.com
pro audio/video/lighting

Great magic is about creating great images - Jay Sankey
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
I just don't like the handling of slow burn. It doesn't look natural to me. Now that I changed the bills I'll just fold them back up, flip them over and unfoldto count them singly. Hundy, change and unfold.

But for the people who do the colour change with different currency I would apperciate if someone could PM on how they deal with the different colour bills. How would you prevent them from flashing?
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
tunafish
View Profile
Regular user
Everett, Wa
137 Posts

Profile of tunafish
I currently do Hundy 500 from 1s to 100s, but I think I will change and do 1s to 50s. When the specs then ask me to do it with there money I will do Greed by Daniel Garcia. This would work out perfect, as you could take there dollar, put it in your pocket, and give them the "it takes 24 hours, I'll meet you here tomorow" line from the Hundy 500 DVD, and then say "just kidding" and bring out the Greed gimmick, change it to a 5, then a 10 , then a 20, and to a 50... 50 a cent peice! I think this would be a perfect routine. Haven't tried it yet though, I'm waiting for Greed to arrive in the mail.

Quote:
On 2005-01-17 09:39, Cheif_Magi wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-12-14 23:02, magicfest wrote:
Both Richard Sanders and Greg Wilson bought a trick called Foreign Exchange from me, at MagicFest magic shop in Portland, Oregon. They both saw me do it, bought one and then came out with their handling. For those of you who have slow burn, look on the cover of the DVD. That's the exact gimmick I hand made for Richard and he went and put it on the cover of his DVD. When he bought it from me, he urged me to put out a DVD with the trick. While I was busy producing my Dvd, He took a picture of the gimmick, re worked the handling and put out his own. I was shocked. In fact, when I made his he gave me a quote for advertising purposes raving about how good it looked. At least Greg Wilson gives me a plug on his DVD, but apparantly Richard mentions that the brazillion money is great, but that he doesn't know where to get it. I guess he forgot I had a stack of a few thousand bills here in my shop.

On the Hundy 500 DVD though it says that he got Patrick Page approval and his is the only authorized version. So either your Patrick Page and gave Greg approval or you didn't create the original. Also Greg could just be lying but who knows.

Any ways I love Greg Wilson's performing and teaching style so tally one up for Hundy 500

Go to the very last page of Insightful Insights on your Hundy 500 DVD and it says the following.

Special Thanks to:

Mark Benteimer for "first" showing me Mark Allen's and Jim Pace's "Foreign Exchange". (If you're interested in Foreign Exchange - where one dollar bills change into Brazilian currency - or can't afford to maintain the $606 investment for Hundy 500, you can order it from Mark Bentheimer at http://www.magicfest.com.)

Greg Wilson also credits Jim Pace's Foreign Exchange and has it dated 1994.
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
I do exactly what tunafish said. I always perform Hundy first and when they tell me to do it with their bill I perform Greed which enforces the fact that I can create money (Greed is brilliant). I combine my own version of Slow Burn and Hundy to get a really visual change which I perform all the time in restaurants. If you want to see what I'm talking about then my website is http://www.bbmagicworld.com and if you go to the "video" link you should see my version of Hundy.
solidoak
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of solidoak
Hundy 500 is great! I also purchased Hypno-Bill (memtioned earlier) at the SAM convention. Its a very clean, no-thumbtip, $1 to $100 and back to $1 again. I find they compliment each other well.