The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: What's your favorite signed bill to impossible location (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Thanks, Puggo! As far as earning a beer goes, you'll have to ask the bartender that one... Joke... Kind of... Smile

Fred, I haven't used it on stage but I would think with the proper presentation it would work very well. Someone else in another thread mentioned using it for a headline prediction which you could very easily do. Fresh Mint is very much a utility device.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Don't worry Cameron, I'll be buying my own beer! I try to give credit where it is due, and should of given freshmint a deserved plug.
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1429 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Cameron, the youtube trailer wont play for me, I would really like to watch the preview.
Douglas.M
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of Douglas.M
Quote:
On 2009-01-10 15:25, motown wrote:
Russian nesting dolls, cool place to find a bill.

Motown:

I used to have a set of lecture notes with an effect called Thumbellina that used Russian nesting dolls for bill-to-impossible-object. I remember the method, but I can't remember who's notes they were.

Douglas M.
mrdane
View Profile
Regular user
Sacramento / San Francisco
191 Posts

Profile of mrdane
Just like to add Joshua Jay's bill transposition. Clever method indeed!
studentoflife
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
310 Posts

Profile of studentoflife
Quote:
On 2008-09-21 12:56, Angelo the Magician wrote:
My favorite is my own (with the exception that perhaps many others get the same simple idea):

Take money from spectator, and tear it in half. One half is changed to my own with TT and handed out to spectator. Other half vanished with a very little flashlight (from photo-camera) and TT. And without touching - spectator is invited to open a packet of chewing-gum lying during the whole time on the table and take out the middle gum, and therein is instead of the chewing gum the half bill with the corresponding number.

You will realize that it is easy to prepare the packet!

Angelo

Nice One Smile
- Y
<BR>"Nothing is difficult...it's all about what you want, and how bad you want it."
Jeffrey Cowan
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
132 Posts

Profile of Jeffrey Cowan
Quote:
On 2009-02-14 21:34, Douglas.M wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-01-10 15:25, motown wrote:
Russian nesting dolls, cool place to find a bill.

Motown:

I used to have a set of lecture notes with an effect called Thumbellina that used Russian nesting dolls for bill-to-impossible-object. I remember the method, but I can't remember who's notes they were.

Douglas M.

Jon Brunelle published his "bill to Russian nesting dolls" in one of his two Linking Ring parades back around 1978 or 1980 or so. I did it at restaurant tables for several years.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1255 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I have evaluated and experimented with virtually ever impossible location destination on the open market including but not limited to Clarity Box by David Regal, Mystery Solved by David Penn, Kennedy's Mystery Box II, etc. and the cleanest and most visually convincing that I have discovered is a gimmicked bulldog clip that I perform both close-up and platform with.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Borrow a bill, switch it (Larry Becker has a great solution for this) and get the number marked somewhere. Tear the corner (with gratitude to Gaetan Bloom for his Intercessor) give it to the original owner who has the number of his bill marked... vanish the bill without container and... let it reappear behind the window ... If you can't do the "behind the window" effect, the second best choice (IMHO) is "you are sitting on it" effect.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1255 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Nothing comes remotely close to a performance with a borrowed, signed bill to an impossible location in my professional opinion.
Asaka
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of Asaka
Sweet and Dough by Dean Dills. The bill eventually appear inside a sugar pack.
And of course, Richard Sander's "Cramped" and Cameron Francis "Freshmint" are also good.
gkfreed
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of gkfreed
Cramped, by Richard Sanders. Nothing has come close for me. I adapted his routine to a chisel tip sharpie... Always with me and ready to go.

Gary
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4210 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Aug 17, 2016, gkfreed wrote:
Cramped, by Richard Sanders. Nothing has come close for me. I adapted his routine to a chisel tip sharpie... Always with me and ready to go.

Gary

I agree I'm a big fan of cramped I even prefer it to The Bill to marker that Nick Einhorn recently released that's not to say the latter isn't good too.
richgerb86
View Profile
Loyal user
Reading, Pa.
204 Posts

Profile of richgerb86
Bill to Twinkie by Karl Hein! Fun for kids and adoults, and you get to eat a Twinkie!
langston3711
View Profile
Loyal user
Cumming, GA
218 Posts

Profile of langston3711
I remember that Paul Gertner had a pretty good borrowed bill to borrowed cigarette routine. It wasn't signed but it was done with a torn corner. Haven't seen or done it in years but it was pretty entertaining. Need to find it again
When a magician lets you notice something on your own, his lie becomes impenetrable
~Teller
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2547 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
The problem with Cramped by Sanders is any logical thinker will realize the cap couldn't be on the marker with the bill inside. It just wouldn't fit.

I think now that bill to marker by Einhorn is out that it trumps Cramped.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1778 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Certainly the most entertaining - for me - is Bill Malone's "Counterfeit Money" Bill To Lemon as performed on the L&L DVD's.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
TBeamanJr
View Profile
New user
Raleigh, NC
55 Posts

Profile of TBeamanJr
I love Karl Koppertop (Hein)’s signed bill to Twinkie. A bit messy, but plays great.