The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: Juan pablo bill switch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
restaurant3000
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of restaurant3000
I came up with a brilliant solution for the reset.

By combining the J.P switch with Richard Sanders Visibill, you have an infinite loop.

No reset now!
Booyah!
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
I don't think the switch in the jp switch looks magic to be honest. It looks exactly like it is to me. One switch I do like is Infinity Switch, I think that's a nice change. You just need really good patter to distract from the fiddling.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
restaurant3000
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Um... this thread is about the J.P 100 dollar bill switch.
Go talk about your other switches elsewhere.

(But yes I do like the look of the Infinity Switch, and don't think that you could go back and forth without resetting, correct me if I'm wrong).

The point of my previous post is that I have found a way of doing a loop, J.P to Visibill to J.P to Visibill without having to stop and reset.
Booyah!
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
I have the JP switch pretty fast and smooth having been using it now for some time. It always puzzled me as to why it doesn't get the reactions it deserves. I have a good presentation and all. Well, it occurred to me that the spectator sees that you switched the bill - just doesn't know how. I think what might be the problem is that the effect is the method, so to speak. However if you use the switch to create a different effect, then the reaction is much stronger, like when I predict the serial number, or make something change on the bill. (It's like when I do a coin vanish. They figure you must have put it somewhere, and sometimes they just assume you put it in your pocket. I find that if it appears somewhere else magically, then the reaction is stronger - like coin-thru-table.)
restaurant3000
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Actually the JP switch has got some of the best reactions ever for me. Really blows people away!
Anyone else tryed using VISIBILL as the reset?
Booyah!
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
I have VISIBILL - actually it ended up in the drawer. I should revive it. Would you share how you work the 2 effect together (PM me)?

Also... try doing JPS without a prepared bill. With practice it can be useful for other plots. I have a good serial number prediction that uses JPS without a tt as well. I'll PM you back with my method if you want.

Thanks,
Dennis
restaurant3000
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Hello Dennis dduane, I've shown you mine, hope you've got the private vid on the PM, looking forward to seeing yours. Let me know your shtick with the serial prediction as I'm only doing a colour change. Cheers mate and happy christmas!
Booyah!
madelaine
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of madelaine
Yep Calvin 826...this self-consciousness - 'having too much of a magician/s eye' - is something I have had to deal with too.

It is a hyper self-consciousness that occurs especially with magicians (but also with apprentice scammers and tricksters) who reach a point in practice where we know so much about what we do and have rehearsed seeing the effect from so many angles...we create a message for ourselves to the effect 'what I am doing is so obvious, so apparent, so out in the open...others MUST be able to see what I can see.'

The truth is, others usually do not see...this is why being given lots of honest feedback is critical - especially feedback from folk we trust and folk who do not ******** you.
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
Hi Guys,

I made a vid of my tipless JP switch, using it for a serial number prediction. I call it Serial Business, since the prediction is on my business card. There's some original ideas in it, and I think it has a lot of potential. Don't judge the effect solely by the poor performance. I'm just showing the idea (I don't do videos as you will notice....lol). If you think it's something you might actually use, PM me and I'll give the address of the explanation and method.

http://youtu.be/w3qCOpEn4mg

Dennis