The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: Slow Burn vs. Visibill vs. Hundy 500 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
leefoley3
View Profile
Elite user
Texas
402 Posts

Profile of leefoley3
I am ignorant to Slow Burn and Hundy 500 (give me a break, there isn't a magic shop within hundreds of miles). But, I do have Visibill and think it is an excellent bill switch.

Plus, if someone is going to bash Vinny, I'll take his side. He knows what he is talking about Mr. Charlie C. I do hope that the post you made was a joke regarding Vinny. He is an awesome man and magician.
If it is a joke please accept my appology if not............. Smile (you get the idea!)

Lee.
In December of '06 I was diagnosed with a very rare cancer, Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans. One in a million people worldwide are diagnosed with this type of cancer annually. Sarcomas account for 1% of all cancers. Knowledge is power!
Munseys_Magic
View Profile
Special user
520 Posts

Profile of Munseys_Magic
Visi-Bill and Hundy are fantastic. Slow Burn is a bit angley.
Jim Munsey
Munsey's Magic
http://www.MunseysMagic.com
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
Hundy 500 wins in my book...I own both Slow Burn and Hundy.

Greg Wilson just put so much more on the presentation and what not, it makes it seem like you've been perfecting the routine for years.
~joeKing
JJP161
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
509 Posts

Profile of JJP161
Having a special interest in money effects I've had Slow Burn, Hundy 500, Visibill, Ammar Bill Switch and Money Morph. As for the changing money routines my vote definitely goes to Hundy 500, the visual impact of Slow Burn is nice I just find the handling much better with Hundy 500. As for the Bill Switch Ammar's is really good but the best is definitely Money Morph.

Joe
Munseys_Magic
View Profile
Special user
520 Posts

Profile of Munseys_Magic
JJP161,
How does Money Morph differ from other bbill switches like Visi-Bill or Ammar's or Kozlowski's switch?
Jim Munsey
Munsey's Magic
http://www.MunseysMagic.com
JJP161
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
509 Posts

Profile of JJP161
Hi Jim,

I believe Money Morph is basically the Ammar or Kozlowski's switch but with some handling improvements that make it a little more visual. I'm still practicing this one myself but I think it looks the best and I like the handling the best but it doesn't really differ tremendously from Ammar's. As for Visi-Bill I just never liked it. I played around with it for a couple of months but it never really grew on me. Maybe it's just a personality thing but I find that Sanders style or routines thus far have not been for me so to speak. I felt the same with Slow Burn, in the end I just plan liked and felt more natural and comfortable with Hundy 500. I know many magicians love both Visi-Bill and Slow Burn, with me I just find that Hundy 500 and Money Morph fits me the best, they feel the most natural and magical to me.

Joe
lil_vash
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of lil_vash
I'm thinking of buying Hundy 500. Is it a gimmick or sleight of hand?
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
Quote:
On 2004-10-13 19:13, lil_vash wrote:
I'm thinking of buying Hundy 500. Is it a gimmick or sleight of hand?

All versions are gimmicked...Hundy 500 is my choice over all.
~joeKing
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Slow Burn rules!! Hundy is a joke. Don't bother!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Merenkov
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Merenkov
Slow Burn is incredibly visual, looks like real magic. Interesting that no one has mentioned Mark Allen's 3-D Cash in any of these posts. Similar to Slow Burn gimmick (perhaps they are all similar to Pat Page gimmick, I don't know), but it allows an additional change (for example, from ones to fives to fifties). I have both Slow Burn and 3-D Cash, but have not yet made up the gimmicks. I'm wondering if the 3-D cash gimmick might end up being fairly thick and thus harder to hide. Anyone out there doing this one?
wulfie66
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of wulfie66
Personally I think that the multiple change in 3d cash is too much. I use Hundy 500, going from $2's to $20's and it always seems to hit hard and packs small. Smile
Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist ought to have his head examined.
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
Quote:
On 2004-10-13 23:36, MagicChris wrote:
Slow Burn rules!! Hundy is a joke. Don't bother!!!

Grow up...
~joeKing
trainspotter
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of trainspotter
Another vote for Hundy 500
Magix
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of Magix
I have 3-D cash, and I think it could be easily re-worked if you think the multiple change is too much. That would also make it pack smaller.

BTW, mine's up for sale in the DVD sale section.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Hundy 500.....currently doing it with 1s and 5s.....saving up:::)
magicfest
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of magicfest
Both Richard Sanders and Greg Wilson bought a trick called Foreign Exchange from me, at MagicFest magic shop in Portland, Oregon. They both saw me do it, bought one and then came out with their handling. For those of you who have slow burn, look on the cover of the DVD. That's the exact gimmick I hand made for Richard and he went and put it on the cover of his DVD. When he bought it from me, he urged me to put out a DVD with the trick. While I was busy producing my Dvd, He took a picture of the gimmick, re worked the handling and put out his own. I was shocked. In fact, when I made his he gave me a quote for advertising purposes raving about how good it looked. At least Greg Wilson gives me a plug on his DVD, but apparantly Richard mentions that the brazillion money is great, but that he doesn't know where to get it. I guess he forgot I had a stack of a few thousand bills here in my shop.
CardiniMan
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
169 Posts

Profile of CardiniMan
My vote goes with Hundy. I made up two sets. One with the 1's to hundreds and the other with newspaper to hundreds. My patter for the newspaper is that magicians don't need to carry around money, we are able to hypnotize anyone into believing this is money...etc etc...
Tivoli
View Profile
Loyal user
Paris (France)
252 Posts

Profile of Tivoli
And you didn't heard about the Tivoli's bill switch?
It's more a concept because you can do a bill switch, of course,but you can also switch a bill to a coin, a piece of paper to a chosen and signed card, a bill to a scarf,..... or you can do the vanishing of the bill, and of course the bill that you will switch is borrowed and it's not gimmicked.....If you are interrested in I can send you by email a video clip.
see ya
arthur Tivoli
Arthur Tivoli
Fantaisiste-Magicien
www.arthurtivoli.com
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3226 Posts

Profile of lunatik
3D Cash is very nice as is Hundy 500. everyone needs to check out the demo for 3D Cash and tell me what you think. http://www.magicproshop.com/product_info......_id=2261
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
ncsteve
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
313 Posts

Profile of ncsteve
I tried the above link but it will only download with broadband (I still have dial up).
One poster said only the Hundy allowed the bills to be inspected after the change another said both allow this. Which is correct?
Thanks in Advance,
Steve