The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: Favorite bill switch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
kerpa
View Profile
Special user
Michael Miller
594 Posts

Profile of kerpa
Hi, David, right, forgot the distinction! But, I still was surprised at the dismissal of a prop helpful for a switch.
Great seeing you at Eugene's lecture the other day!
Mike
Michael Miller
(Michael Merlin: original family --and stage-- name)
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
I still like Kosloswki bill switch as in Ammars book.
My ending is to have the assistant hold their hands palm up at the change I drop the opened bill into thier hands. There's usually a double take from the bill to my now palm out hands and then back to the bill. For this reason a TT is my preference and it is never noticed.
I won't mention the presentation but it's usually a five to one and I'll give them four singles or exchange the one for a five from my wallet.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
13023 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2006-01-03 22:26, Pete Biro wrote:
THINK ABOUT THIS... why in the world would you add a gimmick, like a TT or whatever to switch a bill?

Makes no sense.

If you ever saw Johnny Paul do a switch you saw real magic and he didn't add or take anything away in the way of a gimmick.

The Koslowsky, with a TT is horrible from a theatrical point of view... you are challenging the audience to catch you and it is not magical... Smile

Boy Pete you sure know how to kick a man when he's down.

What percent of magi really think about performing from a "theatrical point of view"?

;)

John
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
If I just want a changing bill effect, I'll use the tt switch from Ammar. However, usually I'm performing my own routine in which two signed and borrowed bills change places in the specs hand. In this routine, I use a modified no tt switch.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
Josh Jay has a nice handling of a bill switch on his recent DVD's.
Frank
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
641 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
This isn't on the topic but does anyone know how to contact Jay Scott Berry? He seems to travel a lot. I'm after one of his CD's. Thanks
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
641 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
Thank you Michael!
Munseys_Magic
View Profile
Special user
520 Posts

Profile of Munseys_Magic
Visi-Bill gets my vote.
Jim Munsey
Munsey's Magic
http://www.MunseysMagic.com
JustinVisible
View Profile
Elite user
South Jersey/Philadelphia Areas
453 Posts

Profile of JustinVisible
I personally have added Daniel Garcia's "Twisted" to my routines. It is a great, no gimmick, bill switch. I am a huge advocate of the Koslowski Bill Switch when doing a TT switch.... JPV
"If they laugh, it's funny..."
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
Berry's Lightning switch is now on my to-do (to-learn) list. Very nice. Does use his cloaking device.
Frank
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Chevire
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Lonnie Chevrie's (version of Juan Pablo's bill switch) is my favorite as well. I just received the book Switch - Unfolding the $100 Bill Change by John Lovick, though, and look forward to the read.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Johncesta... been away from this thread... not meaning to kick someone when down... BUT... any time you perform, I beleive you have to think of it from a theaterical sense... ie: you are PERFROMING. Recently saw John Carney do a bill switch and it was fantastic. What was it? The Koslowski without a TT as expained in the original booklet. It is just Carney's perfect handling and touches that make it seem like you never lose sight of the bill.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
725 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
Just check out John Lovick's no gimmick bill switch. I'm sure it's in the new "Switch" book. Saw him do it recently at WMS and it's awesome.
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3227 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
I use Roger Klause's handling that's based on Bill Koslowski's original trick. I learned it from the the book, The Magic of Michael Ammar.

I change their bill to either a million Dollar bill or a billion Dollar bill! I purchased these at http://www.themillion.com/. These are great to use in other bill tricks too.
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
Conus
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of Conus
There are quite a few out there I really Like:

• Chosse's
  • Chevrie's
  • Arthur's
  • Berthelot's

(And mine!)
actorscotty
View Profile
Veteran user
wilmington nc
398 Posts

Profile of actorscotty
Not sure who I saw do it in a lecture, but it did use a TT, the switch was actually made on the last fold of the one , then immediately unfolded to show the larger bill,very visable
Eric Johnson
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Eric Johnson
Danny Archers 1 to 100 is my fav.Been doing it for almost 20 years since he was at The Philadelphia Magic Co.
Eric
tunafish
View Profile
Regular user
Everett, Wa
137 Posts

Profile of tunafish
I can't believe nobody has said Hundy 500.