The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Association of Family and Kidshow Performers :: Question for Dennis Michael (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Hi Dennis,

I saw on another thread on the Café' that you have decided to retire from promoting yourself in magic. I guess it's that time, that you've decided to slow down. My hat off to you. It must be a hard decision to make.

I know you're a fire fighter too and you must have a pension when you retire. Me, I'm full time. The speed I'm putting money away into my retirement, I figure I can start slowing down at age . . . 97.

So, will you still be attending KIDabra this year?

Tommy
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
No I will not be attending KIDabra this year. I will be in the Poconos with my wife enjoying my summer.
Dennis Michael
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Dennis
I know your health hasn't been the best, and although we don't always agree I do wish you the best in the future. I've heard that the Summer activities in the Pocono's are fabulous so have fun my friend.

PS If you ever decide to liquidate your assets let me know.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Quote:
On 2013-07-02 08:52, Dennis Michael wrote:
No I will not be attending KIDabra this year. I will be in the Poconos with my wife enjoying my summer.

Dam. I will have to save my joke when I'm on stage for when you're there the next time.
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
Peter Cuddihy
View Profile
Veteran user
Peter S. Cuddihy
369 Posts

Profile of Peter Cuddihy
Dennis,

Thanks for all of your selfless hard work on behalf of KIDabra, SAM, IBM, IMS, MAES and Bob Little's Super Sunday:

Behind the scenes as well as out in front for KIDabra International;

For convincing Mark and Tami to create local KIDabra Chapters similar to the local SAM Assemblies and IBM Rings (Ingenious);

For spearheading as President KIDabra Chapter 1 and creating a welcoming, nourishing environment for children's entertainers where everyone shares and there is not an ego to be found;

For creating and maintaining the KIDabra International Website;

For being a tireless promoter of all things KIDabra over the years;

For supporting the many KIDabra lecturers and performers (Barry Mitchell, Tim Sonefelt, B.J. Hickman, Ken Scott, David Ginn, Duane Laflin, etc.) over the years by bringing them to New Jersey for the annual KIDabra One Day Conference which you created;

For your awesome year as President of SAM Assembly 4 during which you ran the most lucrative fundraiser we have ever had;

For creating and maintaining the SAM Assembly 4 website;

For your involvement in IBM Ring 165 during which you made every effort to draw attention to the true entertainment value in excellent children's magic;

For creating and maintaining the IBM Ring 165 website;

For convincing Tony Hassini to create local IMS Chapters;

For allowing Tony Hassini to film members of KIDabra Chapter 1 for the IMS Lecture Series;

For working tirelessly behind the scenes including running the spotlight at MAES and Bob Little's Super Sunday;

For being an inspiration to magicians everywhere and sharing your experience and knowledge with us (with nothing in it for you, but solely out of your love for magic);

For your kindness to my mother and I;

And, finally, for your friendship which has and continues to be a blessing.

Rather than focus on the fact that you are slowing down in Magic, I wanted to focus on just some of your accomplishments and publicly thank you for them.

Enjoy every minute you spend with your family.

You deserve it.

You earned it.

Your Friend,

Peter Cuddihy
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1668 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Hello Dennis,

Sorry I will not be seeing you at Kidabra this year!! Have fun in the Poconos. Years ago, back in 1976, when I lived in NYC, I worked at a resort there called I believe Tamiment, with my illusion act. Is it still there I would be curious to know? JR
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Never heard of it but I only lived here for the last 13 years.
Dennis Michael
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1668 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Well, Dennis, I did some research, and it seems that it is no more. Very sad. Here is a link: http://www.ereleases.com/pr/contents-of-......-15-5339

JR
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Not near where I'm at.
Dennis Michael