The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Association of Family and Kidshow Performers :: Boys vs. Girls/ Changing the Tricks Mix (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Laughit
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Laughit
Based on the premise that you were doing birthday parties for the age group seven to eleven, can anyone suggest tricks that you would change if the sex of party goes was male rather than female? Also, are there tricks that you believe are gender neutral? How, fundamentally, does a young male audiance change your effects choices vs. when it all young girls?
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
This is a good question.

I try to make my routines gender neutral, keeping those effects which appeal to both boys and girls.

If I know I am having an all girl party I will add in at least one flower routine. Appearing Bouquet, Napkin to rose, wilting flower, Sleeve bouquet are some I have used.

I perfer a femail for my miser's dream, and a male for the wize-kote. Production of the rabbit is exculsive for the birthday child.

Many of the classics are gender neutral, 20th century, egg bag, miser's dream etc.

If I had a floating Barbie, I don't think I want to do it with boys.

I generally have more boy parties than girl parties. so my basic routines are focused on that. I add or delete only one or two items if the gender changes. Also ages make a different. The younger, out comes the coloring book, and Birthday Party Picture.

Dennis
Dennis Michael
Chubby Harris
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Chubby Harris
Do you find girl parties easier to do than boys?, over here in the UK, I find that girls will sit and watch the Magic, and enjoy the show, all the boys seem to want to do, is play WWF Wrestling, and beat the hell out of each other.
"Believe in the Magic of your dreams"
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Boy and Girls are about the same everywhere. Older girls have been rougher than I anticipated. Since I work wiith boys in Scouting, I do have a litle more experience dealing with them.
Dennis Michael