The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Canadian Association of Magicians! :: An American in Canada (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
mentalskeptic
View Profile
Regular user
Hollywood, CA
148 Posts

Profile of mentalskeptic
I am an U.S. citizen who splits his time between Buffalo and Manhattan. Over the next several months I will be spending a great deal of time in Toronto due to business obligations. I would like to attend some meetings and socialize with fellow magicians there. Do I need to join CAM to attend meetings? Is there something like a weekly get-together at a TO area restaurant? Is there a regular magic show like Monday Night Magic in NY? Cheers, D.J. Grothe
"Few have the courage of their convictions; fewer still, the courage for an attack on their convictions." — Nietzsche
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
Get in touch with the people at Morrisseys Magic or the Browsers Den...

Either should have all the answers you seek.

Enjoy your stay...
Crazy people take the psycho-path thru the forest...
VBall
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto
165 Posts

Profile of VBall
There's a monthly meeting at BrowsersDen, usually the first Saturday of the month. But on weekends, if you drop by, there are usually quite a number of guys just hanging around.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
If you're a member of IBM, you can attend meetings at one of the two circles in Toronto as a guest.
You don't need to be a member of CAM to atend an IBM meeting.

You're in for a treat though, as Toronto is not only the home of many great magicians, but it's got two of the nicest, and most well stocked bricks and mortar magic shops you'll likely come across, Browsers Den and Morissey's.
DrSammy
View Profile
New user
Greater Toronto Area
52 Posts

Profile of DrSammy
As a follow-up to the two previous posts, the monthly meeting at The Browser's Den is scheduled for the first Saturday of the month in the early evening. The last e-flyer said that the new time is now 4-6 pm. I suggest you call the store to be certain.

I don't know about the other local Ring, but Ring 17 meets on the first Thurday of every month at 7:00. Again, you should be able to get all the info you need from either Browser's or Morrissey's.

DrSammy
Many an ancient lord's last words had been, "You can't kill me because I've got magic aaargh." -- Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times