The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Canadian Association of Magicians! :: CAM Convention 2007 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
804 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
Good luck, Michael, and I look forward to seeing you there! I'll be the guy running the audio system for the lectures, and laughing non-stop with a TON of friends!
Dan McLean Jr
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Can you hook up my mini disc recorder to the soundboard? I always take such crappy notes Smile
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3068 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Looking forward to seeing you again too, Amazing D!

Michael Kras
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Hey everyone. I am glad to hear that soo many people will be going. Michael, Ben is one great guy to get advice from. However he will not be attending this year. He is going to IBM instead.
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
804 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-03-27 21:31, Josh Chaikin wrote:
Can you hook up my mini disc recorder to the soundboard? I always take such crappy notes Smile

Josh,
I do sound only for the events in the main room, and I think that's just the lectures, and the guest close-up show.
If you're talking about the close-up competition, I've never seen a PA provided because the rooms are appropriately small. If you're talking about the stage competition, I don't know how they do things. Either way, you'll need to get proper info from the convention organizers, because I don't think they answer questions here at The Café.
Dan McLean Jr
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
I meant to record the lectures, it was more of a joke than anything. I'll be quiet and sit in the corner now. Smile
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Quote:
On 2007-03-27 17:50, Michaelmystic2003 wrote:
Hello!

I have a room booked at the Delata and I am all set for CAM 2007! I will also b competing in close up this year, and this will be my first time. If anyone (and by anyone I mean Ben Proudfoot) has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated! Alo, if you are attend, please come to the Close Up Competition! I need your support. I am performing an 8 minute long comedy card routine including many of my own hard-hitting full card routines with tons of laughs!

Michael Kras

Hey Mike, will you be competing in Youth, or Adult Close-Up?
Sam Pearce
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
309 Posts

Profile of Sam Pearce
I've booked awhile ago, and I will be there!

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Sam Pearce
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Hi Sam, ironically enough I'm talking to you on MSN as I type!
I look foward to finally meeting you in person!
Thecho Senone
View Profile
New user
Thessaloniki, Greece
1 Post

Profile of Thecho Senone
Someone please post a review of the convention for those of us overseas. I used to live in Toronto but am back in Greece now. I miss the TO magic scene.

Thanks,

Thecho
magicmanci15
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of magicmanci15
Quote:
On 2007-02-24 22:36, Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie wrote:
Although a passport isn't mandatory for driving, I think it is for air passage, but it's best to use one anyway.

Driving laws are very similar.

15-hour drive, so if you leave Wed morning, you'll be here late Wed night.

If driving, cross at Port Huron, Michigan (Sarnia, Ontario). On a map, it looks shorter via Detroit/Windsor, but Port Huron/Sarnia is quicker and easier. Less traffic and less city driving.

Good luck, Josh, and w'll see you there!

I would really hate driving for 10 hours from Long Island, then being booted at the border due to no passport. I just wanna be sure that crossing borders will be allowed sans passport, can someone help me look around for some kind of official statement. NOt that I don't trust your judgment Dan McLean Jr, just want to be sure. thank alot.

btw, Im definately gonna be staying at the Laurier Fascilities. who else will?

Ivan
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
There is NO passport needed to enter Canada from the USA. ( if you are a US citizen ) This is a very common myth. The same goes for Canadians entering the US. Currently if you want to fly into the US from Canada you need a passport but that is the only passport requirement between the two countries. If you don't believe ME then you can check this out... http://gocanada.about.com/b/a/254804.htm

Best,

Tim
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
804 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-05-08 08:41, magicmanci15 wrote:
I just wanna be sure that crossing borders will be allowed sans passport, can someone help me look around for some kind of official statement. NOt that I don't trust your judgment Dan McLean Jr, just want to be sure. thank alot.

Hi, Ivan!
No offense taken. Timothy's link is helpful, but I think you're looking for 'official' word, and in that case, the only place to get the solid verification you're looking for is from the your or our Government.

Here's a Government of Canada site, with contact info for Citizenship & Immigration Canada. They are the office in charge.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.html
Cheers!
Dan McLean Jr
magicmanci15
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of magicmanci15
Awsome, Im so psyched right now. thanks a lot everyone.

Ivan
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Just took a look at the website, seems Doc Eason can be added to the list of performers/lecturers.
Doc Eason
View Profile
V.I.P.
Aspen Colorado
429 Posts

Profile of Doc Eason
Yes... I am SO looking forward to this. JUAN! .. he doesn't do a lot of conventions .. .he is not to be missed... he is one of the best magicians on the planet...

I am NOT lecturing.I don't have a dealer table. I am mostly there for the hang. Joan was kind enough to allow me to come along for the ride.
I am performing in the closeup show.. and then I am doing a bit in the suite ... late..on Thurs and sat nights.

Joan is calling it midnight madness with Doc .. well, I'm just gonna play behind the bar...but to spice up the late night.. my pals, Chris Korn and JB Ben (of Mondo Magic) (and who just signed on for a new season Mondo Magic in Singapore!) will be there too!. These guys will blow your mind.

There is so much talent at this event. If you can get here, this is going to be one of the best magic conventions!
Doc Eason’s Rocky Mountain Magic

PO Box 50 / Basalt CO 81621

doc@doceason.com

http://doceason.com

http://doceasonmagicshop.com
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
I'll be there, it feels like Christmas Eve lol