The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: All in the cards :: The card in the middle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of dj
Three cards are shown face up and the spectator should remember the card in the middle. It is for example the Queen of Hearts.
The other two cards are Jokers.

The three cards are turned very slowly and without manipulation face down.
The spectator take the middle card and turns it over and it is not the Queen of Hearts but any other card, e.g. the king of spades.

The other two cards are Jokers. The Queen of hearts has disappeared.

So far so good. You probably know this version.
This is an old magic trick.

The problem is, only two cards are examinable at the end of the routine.

It was important to me that at the end everything be examinable, all three cards.

The video shows the version (three version) where I sit at a table.
You do not necessarily need a table, you can stand and show this routine.

And as I said at the end of the routine, all three cards are examinable.

Here is the video from me with this method:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aafyw7jbMR8

Darko
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Nice, but showing it three times gives away the method. Do it once and leave them fooled.
will lane
View Profile
Veteran user
Will likes to post so he has made
339 Posts

Profile of will lane
Looks really good! I think I have an idea what is going on but it still is pretty clean. If I am right, however, it kind of borders between "all in the cards" and doing something sneaky. Further, it may make it kind of difficult to do it in the middle of a card routine, for example as a packet effect with a chosen card.

Quote:
On Oct 5, 2018, jimgerrish wrote:
Nice, but showing it three times gives away the method. Do it once and leave them fooled.
I think Darko just showed it to us 3 times so we could get some ideas on how it could be used.
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Oct 6, 2018, will lane wrote:

Quote:
On Oct 5, 2018, jimgerrish wrote:
I think Darko just showed it to us 3 times so we could get some ideas on how it could be used.

Yes, that's the reason why I show that three times.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Looks good to me. Yet, I am not a big card guy.

FYIW: One thing that stood out to me as I watched the 3 "versions", you seem to have a "death grip" on the cards. I don't think it would necessarily be noticed by a casual observer, seeing the trick once.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking