The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: All in the cards :: Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
B. T. Lewis
View Profile
New user
London
59 Posts

Profile of B. T. Lewis
Hi, I think I'm safe from revealing anything with the following question: I've heard Aronson's 'Undo' principle referenced here before. Is this the principle used in 'Shuffle-bored"?

Thanks.
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2539 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
The 'Undo Influence' principle is NOT the same principle used in 'Shuffle-Bored.' In 'Shuffle-Bored' tricks, you are able to predict how many cards will be face up, face down, of a given suit, after the cards have been shuffled face up and face down. The 'Undo Influence' principle is a way to secretly position selected cards at predetermined positions in the deck using a procedure that looks very fair.
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein
B. T. Lewis
View Profile
New user
London
59 Posts

Profile of B. T. Lewis
I see. Thanks!
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3526 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Why not take a moment to come up with a descriptive subject line? A lot of people who might be interested in your question or the answer will miss it. For that matter the guy with the answer might pass it by too. "Question" and "Help" are not descriptive Subject Lines.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
B. T. Lewis
View Profile
New user
London
59 Posts

Profile of B. T. Lewis
It's alright - I did get the answer in good time. Thanks though.
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2011-02-28 22:27, prestopresto wrote:
Why not take a moment to come up with a descriptive subject line? A lot of people who might be interested in your question or the answer will miss it. For that matter the guy with the answer might pass it by too. "Question" and "Help" are not descriptive Subject Lines.

Quote:
On 2011-03-01 00:24, B. T. Lewis wrote:
It's alright - I did get the answer in good time. Thanks though.

Yes you did, so no real need to be concerned about titling your posts in a manner that is convenient for others. Serving your own needs is all that really matters here.

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
B. T. Lewis
View Profile
New user
London
59 Posts

Profile of B. T. Lewis
Hey Thomas, do you want to know a secret?

His name was Joe Chill - I think he went down for it though I'm not sure. ; )

Seriously though, it really annoys me when people blatantly love to tell others how to act, especially on the internet. My response was clearly to the "For that matter the guy with the answer might pass it by too" part of his reply, wasn't it? I hope you realise that I can't edit the title of this thread or the original post so there's no helping that, is there? I did what I thought was fair and replied to the part of his post which was relevant to the answer I sought since I couldn't undo the title of the thread.

I don't like your sarcasm or the fact that your implying that I don't have any consideration for others. You don't know me so you shouldn't judge me as a person based on a limited number of posts on the internet. I don't want to get off on the wrong foot with anyone but maybe think about someone's feelings next time you want to be smart and put them in their place? Anyway I hate these internet brawls so I'm not going to post in this thread again. Thank you for your answer Barry, and presto - in case it needed stating explicitly - I have taken your advice on board and will bear it in mind for the future.
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2011-03-03 20:04, B. T. Lewis wrote:
[...]
I don't like your sarcasm or the fact that your implying that I don't have any consideration for others. You don't know me so you shouldn't judge me as a person based on a limited number of posts on the internet.[...]

No sarcasm or "implication" in what I posted, since I felt I was very accurately reflecting your attitude. As for judging you "as a person" based on the number of your posts, I certainly didn't do that. I judged you (as a person) based on that you seemingly care only about whether or not you get what you want - regardless of any inconvenience to others.

Suppose a forum such as this one had all threads that posed a question entitled "Question", and all threads that proposed an idea entitled "Idea", and all threads that discussed a particular card effect entitled "Card Trick"...? I mean, how much harder could it possibly be to entitle a thread "Question about Aronson's 'Undo' principle"? I guarantee your fellow forum members would appreciate such consideration.

I'm just sayin'...

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld