The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: All in the cards :: Aldo Colombini Self Working Trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
bigdhri
View Profile
New user
RI
63 Posts

Profile of bigdhri
Hi All,
Hopefully someone in this forum will be able to answer my question. I remember going to an Aldo Colombini lecture about 2 years ago and he opened his lecture with nice self working card trick. Here's how I remember it:
Magician selects a card, spectator picks a card, and the deck is cut into 2 piles. The cards are gone through one by one until the magician's card is reached, the face down card moved with it is the spectators, but it gets better. Next the 4 aces are produced on the top of each packet, and then the two of the four packets are shuffled together, as is the other two and when flipped and spread each packet is spread a color seperation has occured.
I was wondering if any one knows where this is written up, I have a set of his notes that I thought it was in but now I am not sure?
Any help would be appreciated,
Thank you,
bigdhri
Picard
View Profile
Elite user
414 Posts

Profile of Picard
I don't have this effect but from what I have read (and seen - there is a trick posted on MVD) this should be "Contact Colours".
bigdhri
View Profile
New user
RI
63 Posts

Profile of bigdhri
Thank you Picard for the reply. I was wondering if you know where it is published other than one of his DVD's.
Thanks,
bigdhri

Posted: Aug 28, 2007 9:53am
I found the publication, it is in Cardsdotcom which can be found on Aldo's website. On a side note he is running a special right now everything on his site is 10 dollars. Just wanted to let everyone here know.
the fritz
View Profile
Special user
648 Posts

Profile of the fritz
Bigdhri,

You can also find this effect for free if you do an internet search. There is a website (I am not at my home computer right now, or I would give you the URL) that has Aldo's permission to post some of the tricks he did at a lecture for them. Contact Colours is one of them. There are plenty of others. It can also be found on his Lasting Impressions videotapes.
bigdhri
View Profile
New user
RI
63 Posts

Profile of bigdhri
Thanks the fritz, I'll try to find it online.
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
I end this trick as I produced four Aces. I don't like double climax if two climax has no relation and the latter one is weaker.

My wife said "Did you show me that the cards were mixed in the beginning?"

Hideo Kato
the fritz
View Profile
Special user
648 Posts

Profile of the fritz
Bigdhri,

The link was http://www.members.aol.com/magicdan/docs/aldo.html but unfortunately it looks like it may have been taken down. Sorry!
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
This is one of my FAVORITE card tricks.

Hideo, Before I do this I always do an IRELAND full deck shuffle as they watch. That way they must assume the deck is well mixed before the trick even starts.

Also after the two cards are chosen and before I seperate the deck into two piles I casually do a Charlier Shuffle, furthur " MIXING " the cards.

This is a GREAT trick!
the fritz
View Profile
Special user
648 Posts

Profile of the fritz
Bigdhri,

It looks like the link above is working again. Unfortunately, my memory didn't serve me well because Contact Colors is not there. Check it out anyway, there's lot's of good stuff there regardless.
StuartNolan
View Profile
Elite user
480 Posts

Profile of StuartNolan
Contact Colors is also in his 2002 lecture notes "Solutions".

I love it but I find the counting out of 26 cards a bit of a slow point. Trying to think of a way around it or to motivate the count.
"One should always be a little improbable." - Oscar Wilde
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Stuart,

Count by 3's when doing this.....3,6,9,12 etc. It goes by way quicker then 1,2,3,4 etc. I also stop about midway and make some comment or joke to break up the counting.
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
I posted the method you don't need any counting in my thread titled "Today's Finding" in Secret Session.

Hideo Kato
StuartNolan
View Profile
Elite user
480 Posts

Profile of StuartNolan
MagicMan1957

Thanks for that suggestion. I've been counting with both hands and that throws an uncoordinated welshman like myself. I'll try counting in 3's

Hideo,
I don't post to this forum (or any other) very much so I don't have access to Secret Session yet. I'll take a look when I get there Smile

S
"One should always be a little improbable." - Oscar Wilde
PaulGordon
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of PaulGordon
I have (in CAUSE & EFFECT, 1998) two handlings of Contact Colours that Aldo really likes. One actually sets the cards in exact A to King order, too! This handling/effect (the concept part) of mine was recently (inadvertantly) reinvented/rediscovered by John Guastaferro on his excellent (new) Second Storm dvd's. John, kindly, credits my trick.

To see my handling (a real worker) find a copy of Cause & Effect. All 1000 copies sold out by 2001; so I'm not selling anything here. I don't have any left!

Paul Gordon
the fritz
View Profile
Special user
648 Posts

Profile of the fritz
Paul,

I have and enjoy Cause & Effect. I know you've reprinted some of you other books. I'm curious why you haven't chosen to reprint Cause & Effect because I think it has some good stuff in it.
PaulGordon
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of PaulGordon
Hello, the fritz...

Well, I haven't reprinted yet, but maybe one day. I keep getting asked for copies...so, maybe I should sooner than later.

We'll see. Glad you like it...

Best, PG
Mints
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Mints
I think Murphy's magic supplies still has Cause and Effect in stock.
tntjr
View Profile
Elite user
484 Posts

Profile of tntjr
You'll find a bunch of freebies from Aldo here:
http://www.members.aol.com/MagicDan/docs/aldo.html

and here:

http://www.stevensmagic.com/gemini/aldocolombili.htm

I don't see Contact Colors though, but I remember seeing him perform it a lecture 3 yrs ago or so.
sleightofhander
View Profile
Special user
618 Posts

Profile of sleightofhander
I also have his notes called " 11 great tricks". The trick is named Atlantis in these notes. After I show the aces, the trick is set up to do Galaxy from AOA.