The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: All in the cards :: Self Working Tarot Effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18089 Posts

Profile of Slim King
What self working card effects can be done with Tarot Cards? I will pare the deck down to 52 minor arcana cards ( Just like a regular deck). I'm not sure how to match up the suits quite yet. Any Ideas? I've been doing "Over The Phone" card effects but I'm switching over to Tarot cards for most of them.
Thanks
Dave
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
El_Lamo
View Profile
Special user
Canada
589 Posts

Profile of El_Lamo
Gemini Twins - Fulves
Life is a system of circumstance presented coincidently in an illusory way.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18089 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Which book is that in? I've got a couple on order.
Thanks
Dave
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Also, Daley's Last Trick could be pretty cool with the aces of the tarot deck. Maybe you could add a card with a different back for a Chicago Opener type effect. Although a little expensive, a card warp effect with the cards could also be cool. And maybe Designed For laughter could be turned into a spookier effect with a tarot deck?

Just thinking out loud.
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18089 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Can any of these be done Over The Phone? That is my goal. I don't know much at all about cards but I've come up with some pretty good phone effects.
Thanks
Dave
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
A deck of tarot card's (perhaps with the major arcana removed, otherwise you have to handle a pack of 78 cards, which might to be to much to deal with), and Eddie Field's "Silent Transmission Telephone Mystery", would work very nicley.

Peo
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Sorry! I misunderstood. No, these won't do so well over the phone.
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3836 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Are you expecting the person on the other end to have the cards? It sounds like you are not since you are breaking the deck down to 52.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
T. Joseph O'Malley
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1937 Posts

Profile of T. Joseph O'Malley
Reis OH MY GOODNESS what happened to your photo!!!! AAAAAAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
tjo'
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2539 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
Also, check out David Solomon's version of Jim Steinmeyer's Nine Card Problem with Seven Cards, found in the book Solomon's Mind, written by Eugene Burger. It would be relatively easy to build an effective Tarot presentation for this effect.

Eugene Burger describes how he has used this effect over the telephone by using a variation of a selection procedure that was devised by Bob Farmer. Properly presented, this is one of the most effective telephone mysteries that you could perform.
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18089 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I will be sending the person on the other end of the phone a Tarot deck. First effect is from 22 blows to the head. I have a few others lined up right after that. Then the deck is completely mixed. That's where I'm at. they have a randomly mixed deck of 52 minor arcana tarot cards. I took the four strange ones out...LOL
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Slim,

I wonder how your ideas with the effects you going to use, would work out with just the 22 major arcana cards, would that work as well?

Peo
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18089 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Getting back to this after reading The Book of Thoth and MANY other books and magazines, I am working on a hybrid deck of Major and Minor arcana, but I will keep it at 52 cards, Has anyone else done something like this? I have a bunch of effects that will translate from regular cards to this setup. Perhaps Peo and some of you others might have some additional Ideas?
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5209 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
You can find an almost selfworking Tarot effect in Darwin Ortiz new book: Scams and Fantasies with Cards, BEAT THE DEVIL, page 196. Very strong effect.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
I don't think BEAT THE DEVIL will work over the phone to well. Furthermore it will be expensive to purchace 8 Tarot decks for this effect. Tarot decks are not cheap.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18089 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I have 50 minor arcana Tarot decks left over from a project. Will the Minor Arcana work? Doesn't sound like it with THE DEVIL in there.
Thanks
Dave