The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Shuffled not Stirred :: Mnemonica (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
mw2350
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of mw2350
Hi, I just got this book and I am trying to memorize stack as outlined in this book. Anyone else doing this? How long did it take? Mike
10cardsdown
View Profile
Special user
Out There Somewhere
664 Posts

Profile of 10cardsdown
I think it's: Mnemonica. And no, I don't find that the best way to memorize a deck. The book however is full of good material. Smile
usa
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of usa
What were we talking about again?
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
I like Nikola...I had it down in 3 hours. It was fast, easy and best of all LOGICAL. Once you learn the basic concept of the system, it's easy as pie. It also has a whole bunch of effects built into the stack. A 4 handed poker game is all set up and it KILLS!

-Chris
etawil
View Profile
New user
New York
64 Posts

Profile of etawil
I'm a huge fan of the Tamariz memorization methods in MNEMONICA. I had begun to memorize a deck a couple years ago using the more familiar memory peg system, and after a few weeks it was starting to jell. But by contrast, in about 6 hours using Tamariz's system (two afternoons), I had the stack down. This is not something I would have thought myself capable of. The thing is, if you're going to do it, do it right: follow his instructions to the letter and do just what he says, with the multiple methods, and no shortcuts. A little work now and you'll reap the benefits later.
munger
View Profile
Loyal user
austria
265 Posts

Profile of munger
I memorized the Aronson stack, don´t know why Smile
it was the only one I had by hand as I first tried to memorize
jcigam
View Profile
Special user
Bellevue, Nebraska
512 Posts

Profile of jcigam
http://www.simonaronson.com

There is all kinds of useful information here.

Good luck,

Jered
"The mind has exactly the same power as the hand, not merely to grasp the world, but to change it."
pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
540 Posts

Profile of pierredan
I memorized the Tamariz stack but I took my time. No more than an hour a day. Within a week I was getting pretty good at it and within a month I had it down pat.