The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Shuffled not Stirred :: Control in Chaos - Aronson and Rioboo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2055 Posts

Profile of Daren
OMG! I have just stumbled across this effect in Mnemonica, my oh my what a powerful routine!

Does anyone currently use this routine, if so have you made any changes or improvements to the one in the book.

I think this is a routine you can use as a closer in your set, does anyone else agree?
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1981 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
What page?
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2986 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
What's the effect??

Mike
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Shufflebored with a very slight change in method. The effect is the same though. THe original can be found in Bound to Please by Aronson. Recent variations include Paul Green's Jeopardy and Bill Goldman's Little Bunny Trick. You get a much more extensive writeup from Aronson in Bound to Please though.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2955 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
I have my own method posted here and on Martin Joyal's forums. I haven't gotten to reading the method in his book yet, but the method I have is pretty much just a way to shuffle the Tamariz stack into another stack that would allow you to perform the trick in the exact mannor as Simon's Prediction Shufflebored.
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
It's on page 116 and is a very good effect.

Shane Wiker
Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
If you read spanish, you must have the last book of Ramon Rioboo called "La Magia Pensada". It´s incredible. You could find a lot of great effects, and some similar to Control In Chaos (what a magic diamond).

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile
"The Magic is in the air, you just have to... breathe it!"
Craig Chamberlain
View Profile
New user
Michigan, USA
49 Posts

Profile of Craig Chamberlain
Pablo, you keep tempting us with great works that are published only in Spanish. Smile

I wish there was someone who would translate magic books from Spanish to English (by arrangement with the original publisher, of course). This would not be a big money-making business; it would have to be a labor of love by someone who has the time. But I wish someone would start up a small magic book publishing business to do this.
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2539 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
Or, you could learn to read Spanish. (Why not?)
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein
dbiderman
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of dbiderman
This trick is indeed one of the better effects in mnemonica...it displays pretty much complete control over the deck, atleast it looks that way to a spectator
amccrawford
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of amccrawford
Simon Aronson has posted a way to get into this effect from his stack on his website.

It's a great effect, but you need to be careful with audience control - I have once had an audience member get carried away with the whole turn over and shuffle thing and do it one extra time while I was concentrating on the other spectator.
There's not an easy way to get out of it with adeck shuffled with cards in all directions!