The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Shuffled not Stirred :: Ideas for Aronson stack? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
kerpa
View Profile
Special user
Michael Miller
594 Posts

Profile of kerpa
Hi! I know the Aronson stack, and have recently gotten a pretty good grip (forgive the pun) on the Zarrow shuffle. Including, but not limited to what is in Simon Aronson's books, what are some of your favorite routines using the a stack? (I have been working on a variation of John Mendoza's Ambitious 1-2-3-4-5, using a stack).
Thanks!
kerpa
a/k/a Mike Miller, Chicago area
Michael Miller
(Michael Merlin: original family --and stage-- name)
Giles
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Giles
'Everybody's Lazy' and 'Madness in our Method' are two of my favourite memorized deck effects from Simon Aronson. Some of his stack maintaining routines from 'Try the Impossible' are quite nice, and useful too. Darwin Ortiz's 'Zen Master' however, is probably my all time favourite.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2955 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
I like Lie Sluthe (I think that is the name) from Bound to Please. I also like his Topsy Turvy and Some People Think, but the handlings took too long to locate cards that I cut the handlings down and now are very simple. But other stacked tricks I like are Zen Master by Darwin Ortiz and Ackerman's Opener (probably my favorite memorized deck trick). It is possible to do this trick without a Tetrastic Stack such as the Aronson. Ackerman printed a version that someone sent him in Las Vegas Kardma. The only thing that is different is the cull isn't in there and the calling out of the memorized deck is tweaked to be more impressive and less repetitive.