The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Shuffled not Stirred :: Juan Tamariz memorized deck book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
does anyone know when this long awaited book is going to come out in english?
I heard the spanish version is on the market since late 2000.
Nir
AndiGladwin
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
587 Posts

Profile of AndiGladwin
Its still being worked on, but I'd expect it to be out sometime late next year. The Tamariz reprints will take at least another three years. Just search the board - I've gone into a lot more detail elsewhere.

--Andi
Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
Last report I heard was April, 2037.
Adam V - 9 out of 10 dentists recommend him.
Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
Hello:

The book are you talking about, is in Spain under the title "Sinfonia en Memmonica Mayor", and i think you could find it in spanish magic dealer´s webs. And buy online of course.

But in spanish. If you are very intereted, i could ask here for the english version of the book. Tell me if you want it.

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile
"The Magic is in the air, you just have to... breathe it!"
AndiGladwin
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
587 Posts

Profile of AndiGladwin
Quote:
On 2002-11-21 06:56, Pablo Tejero wrote:
But in spanish. If you are very intereted, i could ask here for the english version of the book. Tell me if you want it.

There is no English version yet.

--Andi
Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
while at it...
what happened to "editorial Frakson" the publishing company under which Tamariz and other great spanish magicians published their works.
is it still alive?
Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
People have been saying "Oh yes, the English version is coming out soon!" for over a year now. My advice is to assume it's never coming out, and then be pleasantly surprised when/if it does.

Either that or learn Spanish.
Adam V - 9 out of 10 dentists recommend him.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
The latest rumor going around is that Stephen Minch is currently working on the English version of the book, and is supposed to complete is early in 2004, with the earliest release date being in Summer 2004.
Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
so as one of the guys said, 2037 is a more realistic date...
I heard that Minch is working on it for a year now. even if he would rewrite the entire book it would not take a year...
AndiGladwin
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
587 Posts

Profile of AndiGladwin
Quote:
On 2002-11-22 07:18, Nir Dahan wrote:
I heard that Minch is working on it for a year now. even if he would rewrite the entire book it would not take a year...

Please try it - virtually all of the books on your shelf would have taken much more than a year to write and produce. There are two books that need translating and thats just part of the mission.

Why not learn some of the Aronson material while you're waiting?

--Andi
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
My fault - I meant to write 2003, not 2004. Geeez...I can't even get a rumor right!

Here's the best way to get the book in English. Have someone fluent in English and Spanish buy the Spanish book. Then have that person translate the book and announce that the translation to English is done, and that magic publishers have 60 days to make a deal with Juan Tamariz to publish it, or it goes on the Internet as a freely-accessible PDF file.

Sure, that last part would be illegal if you actually did it, but the threat would make it known that the book was finally translated!
Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
man...
you uncovered me - I was just starting to do it...
Smile
Fabio P
View Profile
Special user
Rome - ITALY
554 Posts

Profile of Fabio P
Quote:
On 2002-11-21 06:56, Pablo Tejero wrote:
Hello:

The book are you talking about, is in Spain under the title "Sinfonia en Memmonica Mayor", and i think you could find it in spanish magic dealer´s webs. And buy online of course.

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile

Pablo,can you please show me magic dealers in Spain where I can buy Tamariz book?

Thanks a lot

Fabio
martinkaplan
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
562 Posts

Profile of martinkaplan
Fabio:

Here is an online site where you can get the Tamariz book. Granted it is not located in Spain, but you can purchase it online.

http://www.magia.com.ar/index.php?w=busc......&p=2

On another matter, I believe Editorial Frakson no longer exists. I believe that most major works coming out of Spain are printed by Editorial Paginas headed up by Laura Aviles.
Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
Fabio:

I think the best site in Spain to buy magic online is http://www.seleccionesmagicas.com

Hope this helps you.

All the best in magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile
"The Magic is in the air, you just have to... breathe it!"