The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Shuffled not Stirred :: Memorized deck routines (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2054 Posts

Profile of Daren
Just out of interest what are your memorized deck routines that you do on a regular basis, what are your favorite openers and closers, I was thinking of opening with Juan Tamariz's Crown Jewels and closing with Steve Ehlers' three card location.
snarfer
View Profile
New user
Venezuela
53 Posts

Profile of snarfer
I love ACAN
scorch
View Profile
Inner circle
1480 Posts

Profile of scorch
Yeah, check out the Penguin demo of Mnemonica! Just for grins. The worst performance of Tamariz effects I've ever seen. He does ACAN to demo memdeck, and it's stooged!

You don't need memdeck if you're going to do a stooged ACAN...

Anyway, I haven't worked it up yet, but you can't ask for a better closer than shuffling back into new deck order (if you're using the Tamariz stack).
Tim Sutton
View Profile
Elite user
Tim Sutton AIMC, London UK
461 Posts

Profile of Tim Sutton
Any card to wallet, and Mnemonicosis, (Tamariz). I just love Control in Chaos (Riobóo/Tamariz's variant on Aronson's Shuffle-Bored), but have yet to properly test it in real world conditions.

Tim
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
Hi,
I don't use the Mem' deck. But I find that the Joshua Jay's opener using such a deck is very direct, to the point, clean, and whatever you can ask.

Just tell a card, and boom, it is the top card of the deck.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Simon Aronson's "Everybody's Lazy" and "Four-Part Harmony," a few originals, and a presentation using the "Shuffle-Bored" principle.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
bwalendziak
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
78 Posts

Profile of bwalendziak
I like "The Last Laugh" by Darwin Ortiz.
Cesar Munoz
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Cesar Munoz
I wouldn't use either of these as openers--but they're both great effects:
Tamariz/Four of a Kind
Aronson/Histed Heisted