The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Shuffled not Stirred :: Tamariz's "Mnemonica" shipping in September! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
lchemist
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of lchemist
Quote:
On 2004-07-20 23:32, David Ranalli wrote:
Lchemist, Tamariz has written that many books?!

I collected the information from Spanish speaking stores catalogs and from some Spanish forums. A couple of these titles may be single effects, but most are books. Juan Tamariz has been writting for many years.

The list does not include, articles, contributions, lecture notes, or effects.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2955 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Are many of those books still available even in spanish? I'm thinking of learning spanish so I could read them.
lchemist
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of lchemist
Check the page of "Bazar de Magia".

http://www.magia.com.ar/index.php?w=inicio

I must warn you that their prices are not the cheapest.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2955 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Thanks.
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
The Magic Rainbow is mentioned in these two books:

La Via Magica
Los 5 Puntos Mágicos

In English they are called The Five Points of Magic and The Magic Way (Though the cover says, "The Way Magic")

Is there more to this series. I would be very tempted to take the time to translate it.

I didn't know he published so many books. I've read everything I could find in English, but am still hungry for more!
lchemist
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of lchemist
I think the material Tamariz materuial you can find in English are:

The Magic Way (La Via Magica)
The 5 Points Of Magic (Los 5 Puntos Magicos)
Sonata
and soon we will have his Mnemonica.

In video we have the 3 volumes of Lessons of Magic and the old Stevens video.

Perhaps, there are individual tricks, nterviews or lecture notes but which I don't know.

Neither I know the quality of the translations, some books, as happened to Rene Lavand's "Lentidigitation" were translated inro a 'wooden' English, loosing all the literary beauty and clarity of the original,
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1731 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
Mnemonica came in two parts when I proofread it, but it might indeed be published as one large book. It will contain effects that are Mnemonica-specific as well as effects that can be done with any atack.

The Magic Rainbow has not been released in Spanish or English as far as I can tell.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
Joaquin Matas
View Profile
New user
Barcelona (Spain)
53 Posts

Profile of Joaquin Matas
Tamariz is about to release in Spanish the book "el mago invisible" (the invisible magician). The subject of this book is magic on the radio or by telephone. Tamariz was doing magic on a radio program for a year once a week doing wonderful tricks to the listeners.

The Magic Rainbow will be released probably next year in Spanish. Is about The theory of emotion and symbology in magic and It forms part of the trilogy of the 5 points in magic and the magic way.

In adittion S. Minch Is about to publish "flamenco" containing Tamariz's practical effects and routines.

See you.
cpatchett
View Profile
Veteran user
My current prediction is that I have
337 Posts

Profile of cpatchett
FWIW, Minch is taking advanced orders for "Mnemonica" now if you pay by check, Visa, or MC and the boook will appear on http://www.hermeticpress.com in a few weeks for Paypal orders.

Craig
Magician: Someone willing to spend $15 to learn how to make $1 disappear.
Totof
View Profile
New user
Belgium
72 Posts

Profile of Totof
Sorry Craig but I don't see any pre-orders on the hermeticpress.com web site.
How do you pre-order?
Thanks in advance.
Totof
cpatchett
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of cpatchett
Click on the "How to order" link on the home page and follow instructions for ordering by email, phone, or mail. Price is US$65 + US$6 for priority shipping in the US, or US$12 global shipping. I placed my order today by phone.

Craig
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
I used to play the mnemonica back when I was in a blues band. No... wait...
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
johnstu
View Profile
Regular user
London
163 Posts

Profile of johnstu
Craig, just downloaded that stackview program; it looks really good. Thanks for the link.

I've been working on memorising the Tamariz stack for about a week now. Oh $*&^! Just noticed that I seem to have two cards transposed. I memorised AC as 41 and 7H as 43.

Oh, no, looks like I'll have to rewire my brain.
cpatchett
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of cpatchett
Actually I wouldn't mind having someone who knows the Tamariz deck checking Stackview to make sure it's correct. Here's the link:

http://www.stackview.com

Craig
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2955 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Why would the computer have the stack wrong? It has a bunch of stacks that are all right. I know it is right because I have volume 2 of Lessons in Magic which explains Juan's stack, and because I know the computer program wouldn't be finished with a wrong stack.
johnstu
View Profile
Regular user
London
163 Posts

Profile of johnstu
I'm perfectly happy to accept that the program is right and I'm wrong. I got my original stack information second hand.

They were the only two cards that I noticed as different from what I thought.
Nick Pudar
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of Nick Pudar
Hi,

You guys got me spooked about the Tamariz order in StackView. I went back to the A-1 All-Stars Video Series (Vol 3) and re-watched Juan himself show his stack order. The order in StackView is correct (whew!).

Craig,

Thanks for the heads-up about Tamariz's book being available for pre-order. I've place my order!

Nick
Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
www.stackview.com Version 5.0 is available!
johnstu
View Profile
Regular user
London
163 Posts

Profile of johnstu
Thanks for the confirmation, Nick.

Sorry to cause unnecessary worry.
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Does anyone know what other effects will also be released with Tamariz's new book ?
cpatchett
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of cpatchett
The stack order in the program is the result of the programmer entering the information. Human error DOES happen! I didn't mean to imply that there was an intentional mistake. The program is excellent, and I am grateful to Nick for providing it.

Given that it is currently my only source for the deck order at the moment. I just wanted to confirm that it was correct before I started the effort of memorizing it.

Craig