The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Big and the Small :: Miniature Card Effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
646 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
Does anyone use miniature cards and if so what kind of effects do you do with them ?

Anyone try and signed card effect of some kind with these miniature cards ?
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
EvanSparts
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan
333 Posts

Profile of EvanSparts
I use mini cards in my wallet for kollosal killer.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17424 Posts

Profile of joseph
Martin Lewis has a good full deck in glass, and Paul Harris' Bizarre Vanish is excellent....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
andre combrinck
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
953 Posts

Profile of andre combrinck
Bizarre Shrink, is what I suppose Joseph is refering to.This is an excellent effect.Magic Ranch by Tommy Wonder also comes to mind.Although none of these effects use signing you should check them out,they are very good.
Andre
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17424 Posts

Profile of joseph
Oops, yes, that's the one. I also heard good things about Fusion Card by Henry Evans......
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
I like to use them for a little manipulating. You know, really small fans and cuts...
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
Check out Don England's work in Paradox. He has a whole chapter devoted to shrinking card and shrinking deck routines. All are very visual and and quite novel.
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
I Cast No Shadow
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of I Cast No Shadow
Lance Burton does a nice card routine that makes use of mini cards. You can see it on the Lance Burton DVD from amazon.com, check it out at http://tinyurl.com/5e32g

It doesn't teach the stuff, but it demonstrates it which should be enough to get you started. The rest of the material on that dvd makes it well worth owning as well.
"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious" - Murphy's Corollary
Boat
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Boat
There is a trick on Hank Lee's site with a trick called Three and a half card monte. It utilizes two normal size cards and a mini card. And you have to keep track of the little card. It looks good.
DADE
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland/Highlands.
166 Posts

Profile of DADE
Bizarre Shrink in the Art of Astonishment is amazing,i use it all the time!!.Although a bit fidgity, it is well worth a look.
A quick visual effect that kills "em".

Just my thoughts
DADE.
Only when you've lost everything,are you free to do anything
Caliban
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Profile of Caliban
During Decemeber I often see minature packs of cards on the tables at close-up gigs, as they have them in Chrsitmas crackers. When I see them on a table I usually do card to wallet using the pack.

Another efect with minature cards that springs to mind is Jay Sankey's "Stick it in Your Ear!" from The Collected Almanac.
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1806 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Buy the book Miniature Mysteries with Cards by Barbi Walker, deals entirely with mini decks. Byron Walker should have have copies available or know where some are.
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
John Pezzullo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sydney AUSTRALIA
354 Posts

Profile of John Pezzullo
Roy Walton's 'Grown Up Hofzinser' [originally published in "That Certain Something" and then later published in "The Complete Walton - Volume One"] uses a normal size deck and four jumbo cards. With a bit of thought this effect can be reworked and 'scaled down' to incorporate miniature cards and normal size cards.

Simon Lovell published an effect along similar lines in "Simon Says". The title of Simon Lovell's effect is 'The Lemming Ace Exchange'.
"One arrow. One life."
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
J.B. Bobo marketed an effect called "Imagine that...", or "Just Imagine..." or something like it. Basically, an ID routine with a miniature ID and a good presentation.

Ron Bauer has a revelation that uses a miniature card as the set-up for the payoff. It is the ending to his marketed effect "The Chick Trick", which also appeared in the New Tops as "The Hoppy", and can be downloaded for free from his website.

How about Hamman's "Micro-Macro"? Shrinking and expanding cards that looks spectacular in any of it's many incarnations...

Tommy Wonder marketed a trick (can't remember the name) where a normal deck is forced into a miniature card box. Again, a great looking effect...

I'm sure there are more, but these come to mind immediately.

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
JJP161
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
509 Posts

Profile of JJP161
I have to second joseph's recommendation for Martin Lewis's Miniature Card Rise from Martin's Miracles. It's an incredible effect. Looks completely amazing.

Joe
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2986 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
There's a nice item on my website called "The amBIGuous Card" that uses a mini card in an interesting way. Check out:

http://www.mallofmagic.com/videos.htm under "The amBIGuous Card"

Mike
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
646 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
Thak you for all the suggestions and references.

Kind of what I am going for is something like Bert Alerton's 'Aspirin Tin' routine that Eugene Berger put out mixed with Bob Kohlers 'Black Envelope' ideas.

Some way to use a Mini card and an envelope to use as a memento or give-away ? I wanted to start and finish with the Mini deck so I can show them " a little card trick ".
Please keep the ideas flowing !
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
Zedd
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
270 Posts

Profile of Zedd
I do a Douglas Brewer effect from his ingenious book 'High impact card magic'!!!!!
Mito
View Profile
Veteran user
Japan
319 Posts

Profile of Mito
Yes, Mike Powers, you have some great stuff!

I saw Akira Fujii on tv last night using a miniature ID. Of course the final effect is the same, but with a miniature, there are so many possibilities for the APPEARANCE of the deck, since it is much more easily palmed.
In this case, he began with basically the standard presentation and patter of the ID.
The boxed deck was palmed from the pocket, and a lit cigarette was picked up from an ashtray with the same hand. The cig was touched to a piece of flash cotton, as the deck was dropped to the table.
Very magical to a layman, I think.

also there's a trick posted here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......37&7
DVA
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of DVA
Kostya Kimlat had a cool routine that I think used a minature card. Something about Pandoras box...
I'll look for it and post it.