The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Big and the Small :: Jumbo Card Tricks Resource (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
flimnar
View Profile
Special user
Salt Lake
577 Posts

Profile of flimnar
I am interested in doing some performing with Jumbo cards. Do you have any suggestions of resources that will teach how to do sleights with these large cards? In particular, I am interested in learning to do the Slip Force, but I am interested in other sleights as well. Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks--

Flimnar
"This one goes to eleven..." Nigel Tufnel
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Flimnar,

The Slip Force is my favorite force. However, I do not think that it would be a good marriage with jumbo cards. Among other things, jumbo cards are so much more rigid than regular cards.

Good Luck!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Flimnar,

The Slip Force is my favorite force. However, I do not think that it would be a good marriage with jumbo cards. Among other things, jumbo cards are so much more rigid than regular cards.

Good Luck!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Jumbo Coincidence, Essential Aldo #1. Two packets of jumbo cards that have been cut in half are introduced. A half-card is selected and its mate is found to be at the same numerical position in the other half.

In fact, they are the only two halves that match. For a finale, the rest of the cards are shown to have rearranged themselves so that all of the halves now match!
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
John Pezzullo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sydney AUSTRALIA
354 Posts

Profile of John Pezzullo
Flimnar,

Lybrary.com have just released an e-book version of Fred Castle's "Magic with Giant Cards". This was a small booklet that was initially published in the UK back in the early 1980s.

You may want to check it out:

http://www.lybrary.com/index.php
"One arrow. One life."
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
The Mark Wilson Cyclopedia..has a jumbo cards chapter........
molsen
View Profile
Special user
Copenhagen
552 Posts

Profile of molsen
John, thanks for posting that link! I remembered seeing it some days ago, and have been searching for it to post it here. Of course I couldn't remember the title... Now I can finally do something else Smile

Michael
J Hanes
View Profile
Veteran user
PDX, OR
317 Posts

Profile of J Hanes
This guy has jumbo card tricks:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=999
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Jose de la Torre has put out some books which include magic with jumbo cards. Check out Magicana of Havana - "Section one contains routines using Jumbo cards. You will learn: Oil And Water, Follow The Leader, Oil And Water Reversed, Impossible Discovery, Oil And Water Finale, The Three Diamonds And The Queen, plus techniques for doing various sleights and counts with Jumbo cards."

Buy it here, for only $12.50!
http://www.mymagic.com/delatorre.htm
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�