The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Gaffed & Funky :: Your favorite gaff card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
Imagine you have a deck of 52 cards with 2 full faced jokers and 1 d.b'r.

To complete the full box of 56 cards, what gaff would you want for that final card?

I'll start this fun, late night symposium by saying the 52-on-1 card...
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
First one that comes to my mind is a blank face. If that's what comes with the new deck. If I get to pick however, I would rather have an opposite back dupe for red hot mama and an extra ace or queen for a 2 card transpo instead of either gaff.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
Dual-colour DB.
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
Poof-Daddy,

I like the idea of red hot mama or chicago opener. In fact, when I can, I use "Forced Thought" by Gary Kurtz. As far as a transpo goes, I would just use the duplicate jokers. That's why I like Mandolins as they use full faced jokers instead of one joker, one guarantee.

----

lcwright1964,

I considered a dual d.b. as I do like the occasional red hot mama/chicago opener like Poof-Daddy mentioned. For me personally, I enjoy using a regular d.b that matches the deck more (my main use is a quick & ready card to wallet).
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1794 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
3 1/2 of spades. The reactions this gets makes it the best buck fifty I've ever spent on magic.

They are quite surprised and everyone laughs. A good, real laugh. They are very entertained by this little gag.
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
Quote:

I considered a dual d.b. as I do like the occasional red hot mama/chicago opener like Poof-Daddy mentioned. For me personally, I enjoy using a regular d.b that matches the deck more (my main use is a quick & ready card to wallet).

I am a beginner, and the first and most basic effect on Dan Harlan's R&B video, "Turning Blue," is simple, fast, and effective, and thus perfect for me. I do a variant with a blue deck and the chosen card "turning" red, as some folks get uncomfortable with the breath-holding joke. I like to ask them to visual the chosen card warming up (in front of a fire or stove, in a dryer, under the sun, etc.), and when it turns back to blue as they hold it face up I point out it cools off quickly. I also really love Harlan's Star Trek effect, but it is complex (though each move is not difficult), and am working on learning that. There are also a few classic dual DB effects in the Hugard Encyclopedia that I think are still quite pleasing and not hard to do. I assume as I encounter more recent and modern tricks I will have a lot more to try.

Les
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17424 Posts

Profile of joseph
The Hofzinser card.. fun to play with
and make..great sucker effect...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
The Harlan R&B DVD is awesome (and on the cool box blizzard rotation for $12 often). Star Trek is my favorite on it. So many great routines though using a R/B DB.

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
I'm amazed that more people would prefer a R/B D.B. over a regular D.B.

Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
I would want a double ender - note, NOT the same as a d/f.
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
Quote:
On 2014-02-02 18:01, Vlad_77 wrote:
I would want a double ender - note, NOT the same as a d/f.

Double ender being a double backer?

KokoB
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of KokoB
52 Shades by Shin Lim, Ellusionist Gaff series are great, I am a huge gaff collector I think I own majority & have 4 -6 of each.
Isaach
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Isaach
Quote:
On 2014-02-09 10:18, KokoB wrote:
52 Shades by Shin Lim, Ellusionist Gaff series are great, I am a huge gaff collector I think I own majority & have 4 -6 of each.

Seeing as there is only room for one gaff, which affect from the gaff system would you choose?
Isaac Haber - Boston

youtube.com/irhaber
twitter.com/isaac_haber
instagram.com/isaac_haber

No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist.
—Oscar Wilde
ablanathanalba
View Profile
Loyal user
Can't really boast with only
288 Posts

Profile of ablanathanalba
Double backer.
merlin5150 II
View Profile
Elite user
Aurora, IL
414 Posts

Profile of merlin5150 II
I have to say....gaffed cards I recently bought from Gary Plants website are truly a work of art! "Glim" and "Muckless Muck" specifically sets a quality standard in my eyes, that I will try to follow in making my own gaffed cards...

Jeff
Gary Plants
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Gary Plants
Thank you Jeff. I am very happy you liked your cards that you ordered. The new webpage sure makes everything a lot easier.
AJ MAJIC
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of AJ MAJIC
A short card for me.Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On 2014-02-14 01:42, Andrew Masters wrote:
A short card for me.Smile

I also prefer a short over a long. Never could understand the long card (I understand its use. I just think its more noticable than a short cardl

Smile Smile
OldManGloom
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of OldManGloom
I'm starting to like double backer a lot.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7049 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Slick Card