The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Gaffed & Funky :: Industrial Revelation/EMPTY (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1274 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
I wanted to share my experiences using the combination of Jamie Grant's "Industrial Revelation" and "EMPTY" (Marcus Eddie). I got such wild reactions at my past few gigs that I had to jump on here to share. After having just completed a pretty wild coin routine (wont get in to it but involves a 3 fly, matrix, etc and ends in the Nest Of Wallets) I decided to use these 2 gimmicks to transition to my card routine. I take my EMPTY gimmick and ask if anything's in the box. Completely empty of course. I then take back their "signed" quarter and begin to push it through the slit on the card case (found an extremely amazing way of holding the EMPTY gimmick so that the spectator gets a front row seat and the quarter drops in their hand. Thus, far it hasn't been too impressive as its just an empty box. But when I reveal that huge hunk of solid steel (in a case that seconds ago contained nothing at all) the gasps, ooohh's and awww's were much more amplified than I had actually anticipated. Teh 2 blows to the spectator (1. something has magically and impossibly appeared in the case and 2. their signed quarter somehow penetrated that block of steel). I only post things like this when it REALLY fries people and this has over and over. I urge you to give this a try.
AdamChance
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of AdamChance
That sounds like a great idea!

I have industrial revelation but not empty. some of the reviews of empty on penguin magic said that you need big hands and that the gimmick broke. I'd say my hands are normal sized.

and I find that industrial revelation destroys card boxes pretty quickly... so would that destroy the empty gimmick?

I don't know how empty works and whether or not it's good... but this look very promising.

also... would there be any other verions of the empty trick that would work? how about david regal's sudden deck tricks? I've never really done any of these kind of tricks before, so I don't know which ones would work well in combination with industrial revelation.
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1274 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
It's true that it may in fact damage the gimmick faster but I find the gimmick very simple to construct so it doesn't really bother me. Totally worth it. I haven't tried regal's "Sudden Death" or any other effect of this type really. I have a lot of deck altering effects such as Panic, Envylope, Rapture, etc. but none that I feel could incorporate Industrial Rev. As for the bigger hands concern, I have smaller than average hands. Watch your angles and your fine. I used to produce cards, sponge balls, etc but am getting stellar reactions using it with IR.
Waller
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Waller
This sounds like a great idea, I already own Industrial revelation, and now I'm shopping for empty. I can't wait to see how this lands.
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1274 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
Im graduating to Eddie's "Loaded". I guess its a huge improvement on EMPTY.
thecardbutler
View Profile
New user
Mexico City, Mexico
50 Posts

Profile of thecardbutler
Quote:
On 2014-01-16 11:52, TheMag1cian wrote:
Im graduating to Eddie's "Loaded". I guess its a huge improvement on EMPTY.

I whole-heartedly agree. Loaded is Empty 2.0.
Jp