The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Gaffed & Funky :: Issue with mind power deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Hi guys,
The issue I have with the mind power deck is the cards don't feel right when ribbon spreading them.I mean like when I ribbon spread a normal Deck it is a perfect spread.
Has anyone else got this problem?

Kieran
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5207 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I have no problems with my deck, great effect...
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
If it is the Bicycle version, something is wrong. Cards got some gunk on them or something.

The older, original version of the effect used non-bicycle cards, so this might be the reason - just cheaper cards.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
tomboston
View Profile
New user
Fort Lauderdale, FL
90 Posts

Profile of tomboston
Kieran,
Mine does the same thing! They "clump" and I can't get a good ribbon spread either. I have the Bicycle version of this deck. I haven't used this deck because of this problem.

Tom
kj3
View Profile
New user
Ireland
22 Posts

Profile of kj3
Yes Kieran and Tom - my bicycle MPD has the same problem, unable to spread them at all. Abit strange as the cards look and feel like normal bikes. Very frustrating as I'm trying to work on a version of DB's excellent 'Smoke' - so ribbon-spreading the cards is essential. Planning to purchase another deck -- will ask dealer if the cards are faulty before making the order.

Kevin
"You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star"
- Nietzsche
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Kevin let me know what the new deck is like when you get it, will probably get a new one myself.

Kieran
kj3
View Profile
New user
Ireland
22 Posts

Profile of kj3
No problem man! Will report back next week!

Kevin
- Nietzsche
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Quick suggestion for decks that don't spread well. Use a touch of fanning powder and you will be amazed at how evenly they spread afterwards.

A deck that I like is card sharks medieval deck (I can't remember its actual name). They don't fan well at all. After some fanning powder they spread better than any other deck I use.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
kj3
View Profile
New user
Ireland
22 Posts

Profile of kj3
Thanks Steven!
Magicman29 - just purchased another MPD and had the same problem again with all the cards clumping together when ribbon spreading them....so I used some fanning powder (as Steven suggested) on them and now they spread fine. A little annoying - but at least there's a solution!
- Nietzsche
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2365 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Is there a "proper" or "best" method for applying fanning powder to get cards to stop sticking?
vmendoza
View Profile
Elite user
Farmingdale. New Jersey
430 Posts

Profile of vmendoza
Cards in a paper bag. add fanning powder, seal bag by folding the top and shake the @#%^!# out of it for a few minutes.