The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Gaffed & Funky :: "The Computer Cards" aka Cyberdeck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Mindbender
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of Mindbender
A friend recently gave me an interesting deck of cards called "The Computer Cards." The cards look like old-fashioned computer punch cards. The only problem is that my friend misplaced the instructions.

I was wondering if anyone owns this deck (or Cyberdeck, which these cards later came to be called), and if so, if I could get the instructions? Otherwise the cards will just sit on my desk gathering dust.

"The Computer Cards" came out in 1967 and was co-invented by Paul Swinford and Clyde Cairy.

Thanks for any help you can provide!
MerlH
View Profile
Loyal user
Carolina Shores, N.C.
272 Posts

Profile of MerlH
I have 2 decks so instructions must be around so place. I bought the decks direct from Paul Swinford. To help you out, they work on the binery system and very logically. The 4 holes on the back is for any called for poker hand. A closed hole is a 1 and open holes are 2. Run your pointer through all the holes and pull out the cards each time and place them in the rear and your deck will be in new deck order.

I use this deck as an encore to my close up sets and do not use it as a magic trick. I explain it as I go and people really enjoy it. Some have stated they have never understood computer binery systems and now they have SOME idea.

Paul Swinford A truly amazing guy. He is also the person who developed a lot of the Faro shuffle material.

PM me with your home address and I well try to find the instructions and send you a copy.

Magically

Merl Hamen
Merl Hamen Old dog-- New tricks
ILikeMentalism
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of ILikeMentalism
Facing the same problem...
I own a deck, but no instructions...
Hoping for help by this lovely forum...
MerlH