The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Gaffed & Funky :: Ideas for a routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Hi everybody,

I just want to share my creative weekend work with you all. Someone from the forum asked me if I could realise the cards that you see on http://www.parislasvegas.com (only at the beginning of the flash movie).

I really liked the idea and spent my last days in designing them.
The images that you can see at Paris Las Vegas are not from a Bicycle deck so I sat down to design my owns out of Bicycle faces.

So the creative part in designing the cards is done, now I am intrigued to hear your ideas what you could do with them. I want to share your ideas with others so I started this thread.

Christian
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
TannerJade
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
307 Posts

Profile of TannerJade
Very nice Christian...

I am a thinking!

-Tanner

P.S. I am the one that wanted these cards done, and boy has Christian ever blew away what I thought they'd look like!!! Well Done!!
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
By now there are over 50 views and not one idea? Hey, you international guys. I can´t believe that you have so less imagination and creativity! Smile

I posted the same images in Germany and retrieved several ideas from there. Can it be, that the Germans are more creative than the rest of the world???

(Now the ball is on you... Smile )
And thanks again Tanner for the idea of the cards.

Christian

Chinese Proverb
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Gotta admit, Christian...when I was in Germany, I met and became friends with the most BRILLIANT and creative people I'd ever met! Then I came to the Magic Café...and realized the genius and creativity that permeates THIS site!

So, you're right...I wonder where are our inventive GURUS?

The idea, is the Jack O' Spades leaves his card to boingle with the Queen O' Hearts...breaking the King's heart....Beet red with rage...he raises his sword to cut off the Jack's...er....uh...(fill in your favorite body part).

Anyone?

Doug
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Smile In Germany no one had the idea with the sword to cut off anything, this is nice.

Chinese Proverb
MintonMagic
View Profile
Regular user
South Lyon, Michigan
131 Posts

Profile of MintonMagic
I love the detail with the kinds face!

I have a little routine I do about couples with the king and queens, this maybe a comedic option to introduce an unknown third party to the plot!
In Magic,

Roger M.

www.mintonmagic.com
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
In order to attract the attention of Jack, who's playing hard to get, the Queen plays around with the King.
This causes Jack to get jealous and come to her.
The Kings heart is broken.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Thanks, also a nice idea!

Chinese Proverb
TannerJade
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
307 Posts

Profile of TannerJade
Awesome ideas so far!

Tanner
Roland78
View Profile
Special user
Torino, Italy
567 Posts

Profile of Roland78
I have an idea about using a Dai Vernon's travelling pip effect with your cards. I don't know if explaining it will break some rules about exposure, so I won't teach it.
I describe the effect I have in mind:
You show the spectator 3 normal cards: Jack, Queen and King. The King is a double, and on his back there's the gaffed one. Put the double on the table, face up, and do the travelling pip effect using the Jack and Queen. You basically rub the 2 faces together and after a few rubs, the 2 cards slowly and visually change into the 2 gaffed ones. It's very nice in my opinion the idea of the jack and Queen face to face, rubbing and "kissing" each other, and the Jack jumping in the other card to join his beloved one. You can have a lot of fun pattering about love, passion, sex, whatever you want. The original 2 cards are vanished, and you can put the 2 gaffed ones near the king, showing them to the spectator. Then act shocked and realize what have you done: you put them near the King, showing the cheat to the husband! He should be angry now... Move your hand over the King trying to "blindfold" him and do an Eidetic Change, bringing in view the angry one... oohh.. too late: his heart is broken and now he's all red for the anger! Smile

If you think that I can explain how to do the travelling pip handling, I'll be glad to explain it.

Dave

PS: italian guys too are creative, and they are also che Champions of the World Smile
cajmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Long Beach, California
235 Posts

Profile of cajmagic
Fantastic Idea - watch or someone will steal it

My idea would be a simple one - Your gaff back (except all hearts or all spades - not mixed) - normal face on reverse

Start with 5 cards - ace to ten of hearts - Straight flush - 2 outside cards are normal (ace and 10).

Patter (fill in here - the above ideas about cutting off body parts...)

There are many ways to invert 3 middle cards - Card count and flip, Escanso (did I spell that even close?), etc...)

fan and show gaffed side.
Caj Brejtfus
CajMagic and the CAJ Deck of Magic Gaff Cards
:BIKES: