The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Gaffed & Funky :: Suggest the best self contained rising card effect in the market (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
For simplicity, Spellbinder's Tarot Rising Card (which can also be performed with regular or jumbo playing cards) described in his "Animated Tarot Cards" e-Book can't be beat. It's found within his "Invisible Tarot" collection at the Crafty Shoppe of Little Horrors at The Magic Nook. The advantage is that it makes use of an ordinary (even borrowed) deck, and while the chosen card(s) is still rising from the card box, it can be handed to a spectator to remove the risen card and all is left in his hands, since the evidence is gone at that point.
orchid666
View Profile
Special user
u.k
626 Posts

Profile of orchid666
I'm not sure which of the above suggestions its similar to, but the super slim version by rob Bromley in the uk is great. It works boxed or not, free selection, and self contained in about a quarter of the deck, so the majority of the deck can be shuffled, or used for something else. Ive had it for years, but I'm sure it still sells via alakazam.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Hi all,

I am so sorry this slipped from memory! The move to Europe plus the fact that I was completing my Master's and a bunch of other stuff got in the way.

So, here is the citation for the rising card method I hinted at from Apocalypse. The gimmick can be made in a second or less and will last you for hundreds of performances AND can be done with ANY deck! The method is wonderful IMHO.

Apocalypse Vol 7 No 2 Feb 1984 Special All Card Issue

Another Rising Card (John M. Bauman) pp. 879-880. ("Red" volume for owners of the L&L reprint).

Happy New Year,
Vlad

PS: Please don't let the simplicity of method put you off. While the gimmick is VERY low tech, it is nonetheless ingenious. Smile
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2365 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Thanks Vlad.

For those that don't have access to the Apocalypse books or the full funds to procure them, individual volumes are now available as downloadable e-Books for $14.99 each.

Here's Volume 7: http://shop.conjuringarts.org/store/pc/A......p164.htm

They're also available at Harry Lorayne's web site, listed by year vs volume: http://harryloraynemagic.com/magic-e-books.html
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Thank you, Vlad!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
My pleasure folks!!! Smile
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2099 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Looks cool gonna have to try that! I still have not gotten to this volume yet as I have spent 3 years on volume 1 lol. In ohter words they are HUGE books and take awhile to get through when trying each one you come to. Can't wait for Volume 2 in 5 years followed by the other two on 15 years lol.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Conjurer213
View Profile
New user
Ashland, OR
21 Posts

Profile of Conjurer213
I've used both Galdini and Martini rising card decks.

I have some spent Galdini decks that I haven't gotten rid of because I read something about being able to send them back to him and have them replaced.

Anyone know if that is true, and if so, have any details?