The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Gaffed & Funky :: Arcane, Ghost, Black Tiger, Etc (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2011-04-24 22:39, Kheiron2711 wrote:
As a matter of interest, I just thought I'd let you all know that Ellusionist Customer Support were more than happy to replace the faulty trick decks.
It certainly seems that, when they can, they try to help as much as possible.

Yes I sent my faulty Ellusioist decks back to - and they were just as chipper to send me some brand new...cr***y rising decks with the exact same issue.

The problem isn't some "one off" bad rising decks - but rather the low quality method they use to make these.

I would get a refund or credit and get something else.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Funkytek
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Funkytek
I have then all I dig them all!! they all have their shine during performance but people thing those are a little strange they are not use to seeing them different backs so I get that allot. They always will try to examine it even thou it would be imposible to make a 3 change into a 4 without a switch but they will ask to see that card or deck. I also have their GAFF's & I dig them all!! The Rising decks I am NOT happy with to fake looking mine shoots to a side rather then up n down. Good luck Happy deck shopping!! PS:Get them all & play with 1 at a time & see the reactions.
Kheiron2711
View Profile
New user
I wish I had more than just
20 Posts

Profile of Kheiron2711
@saysold1: Although I'd much prefer a credit or something, I honestly don't want to push my luck. They offered to send me replacement decks and perhaps it's best that I just leave well enough alone. Smile
Kheiron2711
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Kheiron2711
Okay, I asked them about the option to credit my account and was told that it was not possible as they could only replace it with the same type of deck.
Hopefully the replacement decks will be of slightly better quality and I'll get a few uses out of them before they fall apart.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2011-04-25 14:24, Kheiron2711 wrote:
Okay, I asked them about the option to credit my account and was told that it was not possible as they could only replace it with the same type of deck.
Hopefully the replacement decks will be of slightly better quality and I'll get a few uses out of them before they fall apart.

They won't be any improvement - I tried it too.

In any event, just chalk it up to a bad purchase and go on from there.

I like Ellusionist and their products generally - and their service is fine. But if they were smart they would either improve the construction of their rising decks or have Marty make them and put out a quality product. The issue with these rising decks has been mentioned before here - nothing new. And I'm sure Ellusionist is well aware of it too. It's a shame as it does tarnish them when they keep putting out garbage that they know is garbage... and the other 95% of their stuff is superb.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Kheiron2711
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Kheiron2711
Yeah, I can honestly say I'm more than ecstatic with everything else I purchased so I'm not left with too much of a bad taste in my mouth.
I just hope that they aren't losing any legitimate long-term business from people who are unfortunate enough to buy their trick decks before trying anything else.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
There ought to be a "Lemon Law" with tricks, similar to cars. Yes, we understand about 'when you purchase the trick you purchase the secret', but if a trick is a 'lemon' it would be nice if dealers provided a way out.

Ah, well. Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4551 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Arcane (Both) - Hate them, color wears off, you won't be doing a triumph with these
Bicycle Ghost - Great feel, loved these
Black Ghost 2nd Edition - Never had
Black Tiger (w/Red pips) - Dumb, horrible, the color wears off very easy
Bicycle Masters (Both) - Thicker stock and they are a blast
Shadow Masters -Never had them
Bicycle 1800 Vintage (Both) - Great cards!
Tally Ho Viper (Both) -Tally Hos are pretty much always great
MoonyD
View Profile
New user
Sydney
15 Posts

Profile of MoonyD
Personally I'd say the Shadow Masters will be the deck that will give you the greatest mileage. I haven't really played with the Viper Deck or the Black Tiger deck, but my Shadow Master has lasted me for a very long deck given how much I've used them. So I'd say that's the best deck for value anyways. Design-wise? I'd probably have to go with the Arcanes simply because whenever you pull those out in front of layman, they just go 'WOAH' and that sets your reputation right up.
Yours Truly
Moonyâ„¢ D.
aceofspades71
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of aceofspades71
I like them all but by far the best of the once you have listed is Tally Ho Viper deck. Fantastic to handle~!
Erik L.
View Profile
New user
Omaha, NE
53 Posts

Profile of Erik L.
The rising decks aren't that great. I used to have a Black Tiger one. The only other one I've ever bought was the Ghost deck. It looks and handles great.