The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Gaffed & Funky :: "Out of Order" by Angelo Carbone (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
ryesteve
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of ryesteve
It'd be nice if people felt free to offer their honest opinions around here, without the fear that the creators will throw a hissy fit if they see something they don't like.

If you're upset that you feel there was overexposure here, just leave it at that, without taking it further and implying that people aren't entitled to their own preferences.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1486 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
They are entitled to their opinion of course and I knew I would get a response like this. The thing is you are not in my shoes.

Spectacle is not significantly different enough to warrant to be being 'better' just because the position of a rivet. If he said it was better because of some other reason maybe I could understand but it is better because the rivet is not in the center??

Also, I have over TWELEVE rip offs of Out of Order in an envelope in my home. How do you think that makes me feel? How do you think it makes me feel to hear someone say a knock off is better because they moved the rivet when everything else is the same? I don't know if you are a creator of magic but until it happens to you then you will know how I feel.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
ryesteve
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of ryesteve
No, I'm not in your shoes, but I do sympathize with your predicament. It sucks that you're getting ripped off. But the folks posting here aren't the ones who ripped off your idea. I don't have either effect, so I have no way of knowing how insignificant the rivet placement is, but if someone who owns both expresses a legitimate preference for one over the other, I don't think it's fair that they should bear the brunt of this transferred anger.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1486 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
If I came across harshly I publically apologise to Ustaad.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
I will chime in by reiterating my initial post Angelo: I am not accusing you of ripping anything off nor am I one who would rip YOU off. That being said, the EFFECT at least does seem to predate you. However, again, your METHOD may be radically different. Look at how many ace assemblies there are for instance. The effect is basically the same but methods vary widely such that each deserves to be published as new approaches.

MacDonald's Aces is a beauty, from Vernon's work all the way to a beauty I am looking at now when not studying the new Wesley James effect, and that is Cameron Francis's "Frier." When you read the effect, you will perhaps notice that other similar effects have been published and WILL be published. However, Cameron's method has a gorgeous kicker and a wonderful conglomeration of methods.

I suppose however that when one is dealing with a prop as you are, then it all becomes a little more hazy.

Finally, you are a classy man for apologizing to Ustaad. That is the spirit of the Café Smile

Ahimsa,
Vlad
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Hi Angelo,
I just received your effect and it is Great! Thanks so much for the great attention to customer service!!

And I would just step back Angelo, you've stated your position and I think to discuss intellectual property rights is pointless at least on this forum because it will just go round and round it goes where it'll stop nobody knows. Unless maybe someone here who practices law on this forum can educate us on the legal aspects of exclusive rights that cover intangible assests, artistic works, copyrights, industrial design rights, and trade secrets to name a few?
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17421 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:

I posted earlier: .. I have the original Spectacle, and I bought it in the late 70's, I'm sure...

Angelo .. You are 100% right..I found my instructions, and it is clearly copyrighted 1995 and I apologize Smile ..Yours is now on my "to buy" list...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2010-06-15 15:24, Angelo M Carbone wrote:
If I came across harshly I publically apologise to Ustaad.

Hi Angelo,

We have known each other for years now and I truly appreciate and recognize your original works. I have never promoted rip-offs (and I have said so) since they undermine the value of the original effect and the creator's hard work. One can always improvise but creating something new takes talent, imagination, experimentation and years of hard work. Not to mention the amount of money that gets spent in the process as well.

However, one should also realize that it is the creator and not the improviser who has inner peace and sense of accomplishment. This is something which cannot be taken away.

Angelo my friend, no apologies here, I like your innovations and fully support them. However improvised a rip-off maybe, it will always remain a rip-off.

Thank you,

With best regards,

Narendra

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
auriuspd
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of auriuspd
I recently purchased Out of Order directly from Angelo. It is a great packet trick to carry around and a real fooler. Please support the creator and order it directly from the creator, Angelo. He was a pleasure to deal with.
David
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I just bought this a few weeks ago from SEO Magic and this trick is FAN-figgin-tastic!

The method is so ingenious, and it took me like a full day to just wrap the method around my brain! Doing the trick is extremely easy, re-set is fast, and their is zero fear of the spec ever figuring this little gem out.

A co-worker of mine who has more of an engineer mind was so intrigued by that he wouldn't give it back to me for 2 days.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/prod......s_id/586
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Friedrich
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Friedrich
If You like that clever principle You should check out Denis Behr's Oil and Water Routine from "Handcrafted Miracles" for a really good application of it...
auriuspd
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of auriuspd
Out of Order is now available in jumbo size at Seomagic.
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
748 Posts

Profile of carlwag
Just bought this from practical magic, it is very clever!
When I opened it I dropped it in the dogs water bowl so its currently drying out.( Hope its not ruined ).
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
That could definitely ruin it - oy! The cu*s are ***extremely*** precise.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
748 Posts

Profile of carlwag
I know its currently drying out, it still works but maybe now it may draw attention to the secret if you know what I mean. I might just have to buy it again.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
OK so here is a "discovery" I made with my "Out Of Order" - at least to me.

The video demo shows the magician performing the trick twice in a row - in other words the cards can go from out of order, back to order, then out of order again.

Those who own this effect know that even when you know the "secret" - it can be deceiving even to the performer. My point is I couldn't initially figure out how to get the cards to change back and forth without loc***g.

But it is possible to go back and forth and literally perform the change indefinitely and easily once you know the method.
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Hello to all

I just bought this effec from seo magic. I can not figure out how it works. absolutely impossible. the red booklet
explains all the steps but it doesent work for me. please help me out dear magic friends!

haanyone an explanation on video?

thank you so much

kindly
rasmus
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST, STEEL Stage Version,
X-RAY Stage Version
http://rasmusmagic.ch
Michael J
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
334 Posts

Profile of Michael J
Hi rasmus,

I suggest that you contact Angelo Carbone direct, he is a member here. and a nice guy to boot.

All the best

Mike
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
I agree, get a hold of Aneglo. I would not be comfortable just releasing the working of the effect just like that so freely let alone just for the asking.
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Hi magicfriends

thank you very much. I just contacted angelo. but I think it doesent matter anyway, because the cards are broken now, they came apart. I tried hours and hours without having the chance
to understand how it works.

best wishes

rasmus
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST, STEEL Stage Version,
X-RAY Stage Version
http://rasmusmagic.ch