The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: Vodka and Orange Juice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Magicman01462
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Magicman01462
I purchased a trick a long time ago, used it once then forgot about it, Vodka and Orange juice. It is similar to the Scotch and Soda except it uses American coins.

Does ayone know any good routines for this illusion? I found it very effective because it seems no one is using it, any help would be apreciated.

Magicman01462
Full Effect
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
257 Posts

Profile of Full Effect
There are many people still using the Scotch and Soda gimmick and all those other variations using different coins.

Many effects can be performed with the set, coin penetration through glass or even the basic Scotch and Soda routine that comes with it. There's a small book out on only Scotch and Soda effects. I think it's from Magic City --I'm not too sure, though.
"Running water never becomes stale, so keep flowing" - Immortal Dragon Bruce Lee
Darrin Cook
View Profile
Special user
621 Posts

Profile of Darrin Cook
You might try Bobo's gimmicked coins section. Remember anything that can be done with the Dime and Penny set can be done with the Scotch and Soda. Also there's mention of a Nickel and Penny set in Bobo's which is the same principle.

Hampton Ridge (I believe) has an inexpensive video for just 10 or 12 bucks with dozens of ideas for the Scotch and Soda set.
Kardenni
View Profile
Regular user
Orlando Florida
116 Posts

Profile of Kardenni
I believe its Houdinis Magic Shop in Las Vegas who puts out the booklet of 50 tricks with a Scotch and Soda. You should be able to get it form any local magic store, if not i know that http://www.whiterabbitmagic.com will special order one for you! Hope that helps
Smile
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8815 Posts

Profile of harris
If you get a chance check out Peter Marucci's non gimmicked version. It has been on several digest and of course in the Linking Ring.

Thanks Mr. M.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
obsidian52
View Profile
Veteran user
United States
392 Posts

Profile of obsidian52
How about Captain and Coke??? any ideas where I can get one???
cytoplast
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of cytoplast
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2024, obsidian52 wrote:
How about Captain and Coke??? any ideas where I can get one???

Nathan Kranzo just listed 4x sets on his eBay store. Roth presents. Two bang ring models, two magnetic.