The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: New ideas for the Dime & Penny trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2738 Posts

Profile of sethb
I pitch the Dime & Penny set, and thought I'd seen all the possible ideas and moves for this trick, but I was wrong.

Garrett Thomas has a very clever routine on the L & L DVD that covers Scotch & Soda, Dime & Penny, and the Chinatown Half gaffed coins. He has obviously put some thought, time and effort into taking the Dime & Penny "to the next level," as he put it, and has come up with some very good subterfuges and moves. By adding more pennies, his routine helps to cover what I feel is a basic weakness in the effect. He also has some very good ideas on the handling of the coins, which gives total control over when they will (or won't) lock.

Since most of the material on this DVD also appeared on Volume 1 of David Roth's "Ultimate Coin Magic" DVD that I already own, I bought this L&L compilation solely for the Dime & Penny routine, and was not disappointed. Click HERE for more info. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3353 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Bob Solari Magic has a nice routine "Strange Change" that uses this item plus others.
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1695 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Check out David Acer's spare change http://www.davidacer.com/david-acer-magi......ange.htm

great pocket trick!
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Mike Ross
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, Canada
61 Posts

Profile of Mike Ross
I agree, the Acer routine is good.
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Check out Paul Harris' Art of Astonishment for the "Light and Heavy Dime". A really killer bit from this simple gaff.

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2738 Posts

Profile of sethb
Thanks, eveyone, for all the additional references, they are appreciated. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC