The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: Walking Liberty Clone/Split Coin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
narcoleptic_insomniac
View Profile
Regular user
Kenosha, WI
140 Posts

Profile of narcoleptic_insomniac
Does anyone know where I could get a Walking Liberty clone/split coin made? I've e-mailed Schoolcraft, Lassen, Kueppers, and JB Magic for quotes, and Kueppers is the only one who said he would make "it" (except he seemed to not know exactly what "it" was... he said something about making a shell with a locking insert >_<)...

Thanks,
Kyle

P.S. For some reason Lassen quoted me $160 for a Walking Liberty (gravity) flipper! Is it just me, or is that simply ridiculous?
MortenN
View Profile
Veteran user
Norway
338 Posts

Profile of MortenN
I have this email:

Walking Liberty Split Coin is £59 GBP and the DVD is £15 GBP but if you order both, I will give you a £10 GBP reduction making a total of £64 for coin and DVD.

Airsure shipping is £6.50 and you can have one within a week from order sometimes sooner depending on our stock levels.

Best regards
Jim Trainer

http://www.worldmagicshop.co.uk
Bill Lhotta
View Profile
Veteran user
on top of a 14000' mountain in Colorado
357 Posts

Profile of Bill Lhotta
Quote:
On 2009-03-16 11:27, narcoleptic_insomniac wrote:

P.S. For some reason Lassen quoted me $160 for a Walking Liberty (gravity) flipper! Is it just me, or is that simply ridiculous?

Nope, that's the going rate if you go to one of the custom coin guys!

** Bill **
narcoleptic_insomniac
View Profile
Regular user
Kenosha, WI
140 Posts

Profile of narcoleptic_insomniac
Quote:
On 2009-03-16 18:29, Bill Lhotta wrote:
Quote:

** Bill **

Seriously? Jamie (Schoolcraft), Roy (Kueppers) and Mark (from JB Magic) all quoted me $95 or less for the same gaff...
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
That price of a Walking Liberty Gravity Flipper is the right price.
World Magic Shop has the rights for the Split Coin. They made me a nice WL Split Coin. Email them.
jordanl
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of jordanl
I ordered one from world magic shop, its made fine. I was delivered extremely quickly and works well.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Quote:
On 2009-03-16 19:04, narcoleptic_insomniac wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

** Bill **

Seriously? Jamie (Schoolcraft), Roy (Kueppers) and Mark (from JB Magic) all quoted me $95 or less for the same gaff...

You get what you pay for... If you want the best, you'll have to pay the most.
MortenN
View Profile
Veteran user
Norway
338 Posts

Profile of MortenN
Quote:
On 2009-03-17 20:55, magicman4646 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

** Bill **

Who are saying Lassen have the best Walking Liberty gravity flipper coin???
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Quote:
On 2009-03-17 21:47, MortenN wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-03-17 20:55, magicman4646 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

** Bill **

Who are saying Lassen have the best Walking Liberty gravity flipper coin???

I am. The others are good, but Lassen is better.
MortenN
View Profile
Veteran user
Norway
338 Posts

Profile of MortenN
Magicman4646, have you any test result or a comparison between the coin gaffers and refer to??
This is only a assertion from you.

Morten.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I've seen coins from Schoolcraft, JB, and Lassen. I own the Lassen.
I can say that the Lassen coin is the way to go without any question.
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Portland
662 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
HAHAHAHAHA I'm sorry, but this is too funny! These quotes are getting to be a page long. It's rather simple... what you own, you will ultimately say is the best. People who paid the money for Schoolcraft will swear by it, same for Lassen or anyone else. Personally I am a fan of Bob Swadling and JB magic. I will say, $160 for a single walking liberty flipper coin even if it were hand crafted and cut using Houdini's baby teeth is still a load of BS. If you paid that, I would hope you REALLY loved the thing. I know that will probably ruffle some feathers, but come on... $160? I think we all sometimes lose sight on the bigger picture, the goal should be to entertain and hopefully make money. That price for any flipper is retro active to that goal unless your just have the cash and love to collect. To which, by all means, buy the thing.
-DJ