The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: Himber Style Pouch for Copper - Silver - Brass Routine? (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
MagicAggie
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of MagicAggie
I'm looking for a "himber style" pouch for a copper, silver, brass routine where I could put the gaffed coins in at the end, make the switch and show the transformation. Then two ungaffed coins could be handed out for inspection.

What I'm looking for is a lot like the pouch provided with Porper's Poker Chip Surprise if you're familiar with that one.

Anyone found a pouch that works for a coin switch like this?
truesoldier
View Profile
Inner circle
1191 Posts

Profile of truesoldier
I would advise you to take a look at the WOW Wallet by Stephen Tucker, as it has a opening on all ends and could easily be used to switch things.
jimmyj
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of jimmyj
MagicAggie,
I am familiar with Poker Chip Surprise and I also use that pouch for my C/S/B routines. I haven't found anything comparable, but I believe Cody Fisher was either selling or instructing on how to make a coin purse with the same properties you may be looking for. I made my own. By accident. Just so happened that the liner in one of my coin purses separated from the frame and allowed me to stash some coins in there and at the same time make the coin purse appear empty. His routine is Real World C/S/B from his great coin magic DVD.

Jim
Obviously
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Obviously
Sankey's Gemini Pouch might work. Also, I believe the three coin Balanced effect may come with a mini himber like Porper's.
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
I have a nice small Himber style coin holder/pouch that came with a matching ungaffed holder. I believe I bought it through Stevens Magic Emporium and it is a Ton Onoska product. Or was...I bought it a while ago. Might check to see if is still available.
MagicAggie
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of MagicAggie
Thanks Mitch. Yes, this is what I was looking for:

http://stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=7228
Obviously
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Obviously
Yes!I forgot that I ordered this along with the Balanced effect from Stevens. It's a decent little pouch, and works well for switching out gaffs.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
The "Houdini Escapes" trick comes with a nice switching coin purse. It's not exactly a "Himber" style, it has an outer pocket alongside the normal opening where you can ditch (or produce) coins while looking like they're going into (or out of) the purse section.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
ralphdean
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Ca
300 Posts

Profile of ralphdean
Did the pouch from Stevens magic work for you? I am looking for a pouch to switch out hopping halves. Would it hold the gaff in place?
Obviously
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Obviously
The pouch from Stevens (Onoska) is streamlined and thin, no room for jangling around, so gaffs will stay together inside.
ralphdean
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Ca
300 Posts

Profile of ralphdean
Thanks!
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
This purse doesn't seem to be available any longer. Does anyone know if it's been discontinued or if there's a nice alternative?

Thanks all!
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3039 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Frank at http://www.theambitiouscard.com may have what you're in search of.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2010-11-26 18:40, Zaprig1 wrote:
This purse doesn't seem to be available any longer. Does anyone know if it's been discontinued or if there's a nice alternative?

Thanks all!

Here you go (with pictures):
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=3&28

I bought this from Frank along with an ungaffed matching purse and currently use it with my CSB set. Very reasonably priced and quality made.

Regards,

Alan
Martin Simonnet
View Profile
New user
Grenoble, France.
15 Posts

Profile of Martin Simonnet
A French online dealer makes them.
For the price, you will have a handmade Ton Onosaka himber purse, and a matching normal purse.
Insane quality, I must say.

http://www.marchanddetrucs.com/magasin-d......ber.html
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
Once again, I'm reminded of why the Café` rules!

Thanks to all!

Christian
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
You could always buy 2 identical wallets and stitch them together to make one exactly how you want it. I made one perfect for what I needed.
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
That is a great idea seangiles! I'd love to do this with JOLs being my purse of choice, but I just put two against each other and they would be way too fat stitched together. Curious what kind of purses you used?

For the trouble, I may just commission Frank to make me one. For those of you that bought an ungaffed purse, do you really feel it's necessary? I guess I don't understand that premise unless it's specific to a particular routine/handling where the spectator handles the purse etc. To me, this requires a purse switch in my mind which defeats the whole point doesn't it?
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Not at all! Why would it defeat the purpose? Frank's Himber purse works exceedingly well for a CSB routine, and at the end, when you are left with three normal, non-gaffed coins you can drop them on the table and if spectators want to check them out they can. At the same time drop the non-gaffed purse on the table too - the spec can even put the coins away in it for you.

Jim
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
I used 2 x credit card sized wallets. The thin ones with just a front and a back. They have a clear window inside. I cut three round holes in a credit card sized piece of thick card, put the coins in the holes, and the put the card with the coins behind the clear window. Make a du*****te and if you know how the wallet works you can figure the rest out. Looks like a simple wallet for displaying coins.