The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: Coinworker to stay with (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
dxsare
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of dxsare
Hello, this message was deleted, due to a ban of a memeber, but this isn't really about a memeber, it is about quality work and was told to repost. so here it is...

Hello fellow coin workers. I've decided to focus my attention of working coins instead of cards, or just being half-way decent with both. Of course the cups and balls comes first, but coins is a strong second.

I'd like to invest in some really nice silver coins and gaffs. I want to make sure that the coins are as compatible as possible when I start mixing ['s and coin stock with gaffed coins like sun and moon, flipper, 3 coin magnet nests hopping halfs, and things like this. I know since the coins aren't passed around as currency that I want them to be not expanded and remilled edges.

Out of Todd Lassen and Jamie Schoolcraft, what do you think would be the best choice. High end gaffs like the tripple threat and 3cm are gonna be important to me and I'd like to be able use my standard non expanded ]'s with the other gaffs, all with remilled edges. Of the coin and magnet nests which one is most versatile. I know these guys are really good at what they do, and have seen some limited work of both, but as we all know this kind of investment is pretty big, especially if you wanna go with half and dollar silver coins for a lot of the gaffs.

Right off the bat I know I'm gonna want some warn walking liberty sets, warn morgan dollar sets, and uncirculated silver eagles sets. The other gaffs will either be worn morgan dollar or warn walking liberties. I think these are nice choices, and the warn coins will work with many different routines and I just think they feel and look great. I'd appreciate some advice on the professionals that use these coins everyday. Thank a lot ;-)

Stevie D
-Stevie D
CoinMan21
View Profile
Elite user
China
442 Posts

Profile of CoinMan21
Seems like all the advice given got deleted.
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Quote:
On 2006-12-31 15:27, dxsare wrote:

Right off the bat I know I'm gonna want some warn walking liberty sets, warn morgan dollar sets, and uncirculated silver eagles sets. The other gaffs will either be worn morgan dollar or warn walking liberties. I think these are nice choices, and the warn coins will work with many different routines and I just think they feel and look great. I'd appreciate some advice on the professionals that use these coins everyday. Thank a lot ;-)

Stevie D

Wow I hope Santa was kind to you, that looks like a hefty investment!
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
You aint kidding.
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2005 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Both men are great coin gaffers. Some prefer Todd and some prefer Jamie. You will get a quality coin gaff from either one.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
If you live near Los Angeles, visit Dean Dill's shoppe and see all the coins and he'll even demonstrate 'em for you. He's open Tuesday through Saturdays 12 noon onward until the magicians tire.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com