The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: Novel Ideas, Anyone?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Montethrower
View Profile
Elite user
a little town in nowhere
422 Posts

Profile of Montethrower
I'm looking for new uses of my folding half. Yes, I've preformed the venerable coin in bottle, and recently I've been vanishing it in a TT, but what else?? There has to be more, the gimmick is just too ingenious. Any thoughts appreciated.

Monte
Pete McEwen
View Profile
Special user
Durham, N.C.
576 Posts

Profile of Pete McEwen
In Roth's Expert Coin magic he has a coins across routine and a coins through table routine... they are on pages 52 and 56.

SPEED
The magician formerly known as SPEEDcuber
"no one will believe the things we do if we don't believe them ourselves." - Slydini
PeteMcEwen@mac.com
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
The many torn and restored are good idea's.

Paul Harris and also I believe richard sanders has a couple nice touches
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Coin is wrapped in a paper/tissue/silk and pushed thru a finger ring.

When folded it can be concealed quite easily between fingers, in a rolled up bill or tube and could make a sudden appearance.

Bobo's has a couple of ideas on it's use.
There's also a Folding Coin booklet.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4912 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi Gang,
Also fold it up in some flash paper. Show the small ball of paper and light it for A "Flash":) Production!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17424 Posts

Profile of joseph
Mike Skinner video set has a good one coin routine using this....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
Find a copy of Sleightly Original by Tom Gagnon.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27309 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
A coin vanish of mine using a TT seems to have gotten around. Well the one handed version did. The two handed thing seems to be staying secret for now.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Norm
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Norm
What if you take it apart and do something to the effect that your magic is sometimes a bit stronger than you'd like and you end up shattering the coin?
Norm
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Norm
Or better yet, what about a twisted "torn" and restored coin. Work in a signed coin somehow.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
In the 1960s, myself and other teenage magcians were grossing everybody out by biting off the edge of a coin and instantly restoring it using the venerable folder. Others famous and not so famous performers have featured this effect. I know the gag predates me. It's an amazing quickie and whatsmore, after you spit the piece out of your mouth and restore the coin, NOBODY wants to examine it. And as a bonus it resets itself. Smile Smile
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Put it in a piece of tissue paper and show the image of the coin, then stick a pin right through the coin.
Rickbc
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Rickbc
I'm Looking for info/video that shows a complete vanish & reproduction. Example You show a coin in one hand make a move and then its gone. You then show both sides of both hands to be emtpy, you make a closed fist and with your other hand use fingers to reach into the hand and pluck out the coin.
MB's effects are at
www.vinnymarini.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27309 Posts

Someone published pretty much exactly that, the one handed vanish part at least. I believe I saw it in TOOC but it may have been in Kenner's MME. As I recall his handling is done as a sudden toss forward. Mine is done as an upward toss (so's not to offer such a great startle AT the audience) Smile
caubeck
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of caubeck
Quote:
On 2006-12-11 15:54, Norm wrote:
What if you take it apart and do something to the effect that your magic is sometimes a bit stronger than you'd like and you end up shattering the coin?

One Jay Sankey effect (I forget where I saw it) use two folding coin for such an effect. Something about restoring a broken coin which you tie up in a band.
Rickbc
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Rickbc
Thanks for your replay. I'll try to find a one hand vanish. To bad it's not in any of Roth's videos.
MB's effects are at
www.vinnymarini.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27309 Posts

Roth was too respectful and consistant to include or make comment upon other people's unpublised works on his videos.
Rickbc
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Rickbc
How, true. I participated in a private lecture from david in 1991 at a lecture in Sacramento, CA. I have five of his videos
MB's effects are at
www.vinnymarini.com
Rickbc
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Rickbc
Can any one help me? I can't find a one hand vanish that's in a instructional video. I don't do well with books.
MB's effects are at
www.vinnymarini.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27309 Posts

Curtis Kam put a couple on his "Palms of Steel" video. Can still be found on VHS. The Latta move is shown all over the place by Hooser et al.