The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: Johnson Silver Gaff Coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Sleightly_Done
View Profile
New user
Danville, KY
77 Posts

Profile of Sleightly_Done
I just ordered a variety of real silver Johnson gaff coins from my local magic shop. They called Johnson to place the order and were told that they will no longer be stocking silver gaff coins once they sell what they have in inventory. You can have your dealer custom order them, provided you send them the silver coins. With that, they said that they make their [s in batches, and that it could be a long time getting them on a custom order. Since they didn't have any more silver [s in inventory, they wouldn't even take an order for one.

They said it was due to fluctuating silver prices. I guess that's not all bad, however, it seems to me that it would be just as easy to set up an "index" to adjust pricing against silver's fluctuating rate, or just charge the highest price to cover for the additional costs. I wouldn't mind either of those options.....

It's disappointing to see the "commodity" silver gaff coins go away. I have silver gaffs made by the two "Big Name" gaffers, and I am very happy with everything I have, but it was nice to have the less expensive option for some of the more commodity pieces.

Better get'em while you can!
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
That's very interesting news for me. Look like I may be picking some up from one of the locals looking to sell.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
That is a shame...
Shawn.
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
My local coin shop sells silver coins at about the same price as he allways has. .
Bob
Sleightly_Done
View Profile
New user
Danville, KY
77 Posts

Profile of Sleightly_Done
I just talked to the guys at Magic Warehouse, and they will continue to have Johnson silver coin inventory because they provide Johnson with the silver coin inventory to support their demand. I like these guys Smile

http://themagicwarehouse.com
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
I am happy again!!

I love the Warehouse.

Shawn.
Shawn.