The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: What bottles to use for Passing Through by Kevin Parker (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
jalal12321
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of jalal12321
I live in the UK and bought Kevin Parker's Passing Through, but I don't know any bottles to use. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Please.

Thanks,
jalal
Rik Chew
View Profile
Special user
538 Posts

Profile of Rik Chew
From what I've heard wide necked bottles are needed, so maybe an Oasis plastic bottle would work?
ReverendDave
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of ReverendDave
You really want to use a glass bottle; the effect is much better that way.
Eric Dittelman
View Profile
Regular user
Astoria, NY
179 Posts

Profile of Eric Dittelman
I don't have the effect, but I was curious if a snapple bottle would work. Those seem easy to come by.

-Eric D.
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
After having watched the demo it would seem that you could combine a few different coin in bottle effects so that you could use a small(er) necked bottle and then leave the spectator with a miracle they cant get apart (if you know what I mean.)

C
MixEddie
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of MixEddie
I performed this trick about a dozen times for different people over the fourth of July weekend and I can safely say you can use any glass bottle. I used clear, brown, and green. I used Snapple bottles and beer bottles. If the mouth of the bottle was too small I used a nickel or dime. It got the same reaction regardless. It's a very nice trick to perform. I would also combine it with a certain utility coin to maximize or lengthen the illusion like Spydur mentioned.

Kevin mentions using a specific portion of the raw material used when setting up for the trick. I thought about it and decided against it. While it is more visual I have very astute and watchful spectators that would realize something was missing pretty quickly.

Otherwise, great trick, perform anywhere, almost surrounded and DEFINATELY can use multiple bottles. We all need to think more. Too many people read the effect, the instructions, and no more thought ever goes into what they do.

Just my two cents.
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
MixEddie,

I was not talking about using any "utility coins." I was talkinga bout combining a few different methods using regular coins so that you could hand everything to the spec and they could keep it with out being able to disect the miracle.

If you are not sure what I mean continue the studies and it will become clear. If you do realize what I am talking about let us know how it looks.
The Great Stevini
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of The Great Stevini
Quote:

Kevin mentions using a specific portion of the raw material used when setting up for the trick. I thought about it and decided against it. While it is more visual I have very astute and watchful spectators that would realize something was missing pretty quickly.

Although I haven't been caught using the "raw material" Kevin suggests, I too decided to go with a less noticable version. This trick gets good reactions.